*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527920-To-Town-Again-Today
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#527920 added August 13, 2007 at 9:46pm
Restrictions: None
To Town Again Today
This morning started out with another trip to town. I had wrestled with some smoked almonds awhile back and my dentures cracked! At first I heard the cracking , looked the denture over, it looked all right. I saw no crack then.

As days went by I noticed whenever eating popcorn I could feel a hair at the roof of my mouth.....ummm. Then I would check and ...no hair. I would have sworn it was a hair there. This went on a few more times.

Then last evening while eating my dinner my tongue got pinched in the roof of my denture! Well, that did it. I new it was cracked for sure. So I looked it over really good this time and sure enough there was the Hairline crack!*Shock*

So off to town this morning for denture repair. It wasn't cheap to say the least.

I guess one hundred dollars , is better than one thousand ...tho, for that's what a whole new upper denture would have cost had I not repaired it.

Well, anyways we did some shopping while we waited the hour and half for the repair work. So the day was a success all around.

The best part of the day was when we got home and brought in the mail from the mailbox. There was this small box for me from Writing.Com! I never ordered anything.....so I could not imagine what it was.

Opened it up and printed on the inside bottom on top of pretty orange and yellow squares was:

You Are A Highlight
within the Writing.Com
community!
Thank you for your support,
The Story Mistress & StoryMaster

With a bright yellow highlighter inside! Wow!
How very thoughtful of them both to send that to me through the mail.

Now I think I will get off here and send them an email to thank them personally for such a nice gift.





© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/527920-To-Town-Again-Today