*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531466-ANGELA
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1311106
Trying something different, a work in progress -
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#531466 added August 29, 2007 at 6:16pm
Restrictions: None
ANGELA
Angela drove her mother home and helped her carry in her luggage. Elizabeth was worn out from the flight and the day at the hospital with Gregory. Inside, she sank into the comfort of her recliner. Angela went to the kitchen and made a green salad, coffee and sandwiches. She brought them out and set them on a tray beside her mother's chair. "You've got to eat, Mom, and I do make a delicious cup of coffee now." She looked at her mother's face and saw the pain there. "It will be all right, Mom. Everything will work out."

She sat down on the sofa beside her mother and took a sip of the coffee. "Ah, I needed that!" she said. She felt older than her 30 years. "I'll stay here tonight if it's okay" she said. Elizabeth nodded. "Thanks. I sure need your company right now." Taking a bite of the sandwich, she realized that indeed she was hungry. The last real meal was at the bed and breakfast before she and Colin started out on the road again.

The doorbell sounded, and Angela got up to answer. She came back into the room with a dozen red roses in her arms. "Mom, this is getting to be serious! I read the card - He's in love with you!" She handed the card to her mother. "My thoughts and prayers are with you, Elizabeth. Call me anytime. Love, Colin." Elizabeth held the card close to her heart as Angela arranged the roses in a jade green vase. "Do you feel the same way about him, Mom? I always thought you might find someone and marry again one day - but he's so far away! Ireland is so far away!" "I know" Elizabeth replied.

She reached into her pocketbook and pulled out the duplicate set of pictures she had taken in Ireland and handed them to Angela. "I started out on the tour bus, but then Colin came looking for me. He owns an Irish tour company and has to travel to Boston and New York occasionally on business. He was at the Blarney Castle, waiting for my bus to come in. When I went in with the other passengers to get something to eat, he was at the register paying his tab. I recognized him and the rest is a short, sweet and glorious memory."

Angela listened as she looked through the pictures. Then she saw the one of Colin and her mother smiling into the camera. "Mom, you both look so happy to be together!"

"We were. From there we traveled together a few days, Colin being my new 'tour guide'. He got us rooms - and no, nothing happened - except that I felt safe, secure and trusted him completely."

"He's really good looking, Mom. I don't think he's gonig to give up on you or forget you, no matter how many miles are between you right now." "I never thought I'd love again, never thought I would meet anyone like him." Elizabeth said. He was married and his wife was killed in an car accident. He has been living with his parents, and they are such sweet people. I was able to talk to his mother, and say hello to his father. I probably sounded like a schoolgirl, babbling on about how wonderful everything was, and how good to me Colin was being."

The phone rang and she answered on the second ring. She hoped it was not the hospital, that Gregory was all right. "Elizabeth?" "Colin! Thank you for calling and thank you so much for the roses - they are beautiful! How is your father?"

"He made it through the surgery with flying colors. The last things he said were that he was going to be dancing at our wedding - with that wee bride of mine!" Elizabeth smiled. "I'd be honored to dance with your father anytime! Is that an off-handed Irish proposal?"

"Could be" and she heard him laugh. "It's one of my goals. My mother has it all figured out and planned, even to the wedding cake! She's invted all three of you here when Gregory is better. Until then - "

"Until then..." Elizabeth said. "When we can..."

"I love you, Elizabeth. Take care and have a good night. Give my best wishes to Angela and Gregory. I've got to go to the office for awhile, but I'll call you again soon."

"And - I love you, Colin. Take care of YOU!" Elziabeth hung up and turned to Angela who had listened to a one-sided converation. "Wow, Mom! You really are on Cloud 9, aren't you? I'm happy for you! However, you'll have to dance at MY wedding first - don't you think?" "Angela! You and Tommy are getting married?" Elizabeth asked. "Yes, Mom. We wanted to wait until you got back from your trip to tell you. I'm going to need your help with some wedding plans!"

They spent the next few hours talking and laughing. Elizabeth was overjoyed, she knew Tommy was a really nice kid. He was still a rookie, and due for police academy soon. He and Angela had been going steady for almost a year. She got up and hugged her daughter. "It will be after he finishes the academy, Mom. And we've picked out our first house. After we see Gregory tomorrow, I'll take you by to see it."

Elizabeth had the feeling that the world was spinning too fast.


© Copyright 2007 COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME (UN: countrymom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
COUNTRYMOM-JUST REMEMBER ME has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531466-ANGELA