*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531714-Postcard-from-Mavis-Catching-up-on-Blogville
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#531714 added August 31, 2007 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
Postcard from Mavis! Catching up on Blogville.
Great news! I got my first real mail at my post office box and it had a 54 pence stamp on it all the way from England! Ain't Mavis Moog sweet! The postcard is of her town and shows her house. Imagine that. *Bigsmile*

Folks here at WDC have been good to me. I've received encouragement and calls and even a couple 'care packages'. Makes up for the discouragement from other sources. Really, it helps. A lot.

Today I went to Tea at Three and an installation at the local art museum. I got to speak with Kathleen McClausky-Fawcett (our emergency coordinator, to whom the poem "I, Katrina" is dedicated) and Elizabeth Schultz (just back from China) who writes ekphrasic poetry. She's been retired but twinkled at giving a workshop on ekphrasis. Once a teacher, always a teacher.

I looked good! I was in basic black and yellow, with a tiger's eye bolo tie and amber shades. I even wore nice shoes. Wow! I could pass for a professor or even a writer. *Shock*

BLOGVILLE

(late because I lost the entry once already)

Speaking of which ... dear Anyea lost her whole blog by mistake! There is nothing that can be done once deleted. She even asked the SM. I've only lost an entry or three that way. Been fortunate. Her entry "Invalid Entry is a beautiful tribute to Summer's end.

Should AL be a reference librarian? She's got my vote! She tracked down where my Swedish family was from and seems to relish that type of challenge. She also finds herself using WDC emoticons IRL.

bymydesigns has a beautiful blog. She shows the transformation of her artwork in "Invalid Entry, "Invalid Entry, "Invalid Entry, "Invalid Entry.

katherinea has a series of interesting entries. She mentions online personality tests in "Invalid Entry and probably would enjoy a visit from other pagans (small p) here at WDC.

kh53150 shares the stress and burden of school supplies and living among the wealthy (when one isn't).

Beyond the Cloud9 plays scrabble on a PDA (whatever a PDA is ... *Rolleyes* ... I'm behind the times} and BeautyFromAshes has an entry on being from Texas. *Shock*.

Satuawany has a writing blog and wonders about where the incense went for one of her characters, Arwyo. Which might just inspire me to write a poem. *Smile*

I'm a few decades behind in catching up with blogs ...

POETRY:

I'm writing alot and editing alot. If I am diligent and work every day, it'll take a year to catch up.

Asked a couple forums to look at my poem as suggested. "I, Katrina is slowly, very slowly being read (now at 34 reviews/194 reviews). It's still 1,001 gps.

And to answer Nada's question about the poem in my last entry, "Wash away my sins, Lord" ... I have no idea what genre it would be classified as. *Rolleyes* No idea. Anyone out there got an idea?
23,346

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/531714-Postcard-from-Mavis-Catching-up-on-Blogville