*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533204-Workers-On-Our-Road
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#533204 added September 5, 2007 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Workers On Our Road
Today the County was laying oil and gravel up and down our road. They must have worked for hours cause you could hear their trucks all day. It sure looks good. I think they are getting it ready to blacktop. It's nice that they keep it maintained so well.

We went to town yesterday and bought the delicious sweetcorn that we had with our steak and cauliflower today. The corn was fresh and local so we were happy.

We had a bum experience with a restaurant yesterday. We ate at a hamburger joint that advertised hamburger and beer. We aren't big on beer but wanted a decent burger, so we went inside. When we saw the food on the unmopped floor we should have turned around and walked back out(we've been known to do that}, but we were hungry and seated to order. It was quite a wait for the meal. We had plenty of time to look around and that wasn't too eye appealing. What amazed me is how can a manager allow a place that serves food to be that filthy? Food everywhere on the floor and the floor looked like it could use a good mopping!

Atleast the hamburger was tasty. Nothing was to be desired about the fries tho. They were overly cooked crisp pieces of hallow potato's shaped like a french frie!

We're sure the restaurant was part of a chain. So much for management in that one, however. It appeared to us that their main concern was catering to the beer drinkers that frequented the place. Even the waitresses appeared to be suffering from hangovers!!



© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533204-Workers-On-Our-Road