*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533464-A-Bite-In-The-Air
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#533464 added September 6, 2007 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
A Bite In The Air
This evening there is a 'bite' in the air. Some people call it a 'nip'. It's a sure sign that summer is leaving us. It was hot here today... the thermometer out back read over 80 for most of the afternoon. You wouldn't know it now though. I'm going to have to change out of my shorts and into something warmer. That to me is a sure sign that summer is leaving.

Ron made dinner for us. He started a nice pot of chili around four o'clock. I love his chili. I love anything he cooks. His chili especially. He starts with lean ground beef. Chops in a whole onion & cup of celery, then adds stewed tomato, kidney beans, and mushrooms! Of course he uses chili powder for seasoning. Is your mouth watering yet or what?? I got to admit it his chili is always better than mine. It was ready to eat at six o'clock.

If any of you out there in blogger land have a better chili recipe I would love to see it*Exclaim*

So the chili really was a big hit for the bite in the air this evening!

© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/533464-A-Bite-In-The-Air