*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535820-Pisces1---the-marketplace
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#535820 added September 17, 2007 at 7:42pm
Restrictions: None
Pisces1---the marketplace
On Friday before the week-end I pulled a card from the Sabian Oracle and it was Pisces 1---an image of a crowded public marketplace. Not a particularly compelling image but turned out to be quite predictive.

It tells "if you are a buyer...it is likely you will find what you are looking for...if you look long enough." David, my husband, and I spent the week-end (sat.) bargain shopping with friends. Went to Goodwill, Big Lots, thrift stores, Tuesday morning....and I did find lots of goodies...started Christmas shopping. Sunday I went to a jewelry outlet that I had won a gift certificate to, and found more Christmas presents, and an amber necklace for me!

I hate to think of being such a material girl, but I love thrift shops and antique stores, part of the fun of shopping is the hunt, finding that just perfect thing for someone at just the right price!

I am looking diligently for a Wizard of Oz Polly Pockets playset for my granddaughter. I haven't found anything suitable, even on Ebay----so sending a message in a bottle to the cyberuniverse----help if you can!

Sunday we went to the movies with David's sister and his mom---saw "The Brave One"---with Jodie Foster...good acting and an interesting character study.
Nice music by Sarah MacLachlan, too.

So, I definitely had a marketplace week-end.

Finished reading Barbara Kingsolver's The Poisonwood Bible. She writes eloquently of the place of the market in The Congo, now Zaire. The book made me understand yet again how ignorant and unaware most of us Americans are about the rest of the world. And we are certainly naive and uninformed about the injustices our government and leaders have imposed upon other nations and cultures.

Her newest book Animal, Vegetable, Mineralexplores the concept of eating only locally produced food, a topic she touched only briefly in the previous book. I suspect she also delves into the economic iniquities that have arisen between nations because of the vast differences in economies and means of production. Will have to check the book out...I am also anxious to read her book The Bean Trees.

There is a line in The Poisonwood Bible that suggests that "voodoo is the first religion"....I belive she means the indigenous shamanism that arose in Africa, it was transplanted to America, and throughout the Caribbean....intermingled with Catholicism....

I recently encountered a book review that suggested that the seemingly bizarre view of the universe predicted by quantum physics can be anticipated and explained by the spirituality underpinning voodoo...I didn't order it at the time, but my interest is tweaked by Kingsolvers statement.

My little Cajun pin-doll Carlotta BeauSauvage is chortling mischeviously on the bookshelf behind me...she knows the secrets of Les traiteurs...and probably understands quarks, luons, and alternate universes, too. I'll have to give in and order the book...

"Pin Doll Chronicles
Happy marketing!


A poem I wrote for the 21 days of Poetry challenge won 1st place in Artella magazine's August Passion Poetry contest!...."Tapestry.

I don't get lots of comments on my blog but as of today there have been 710 views...so someone is actually out there reading....blessings to all of you in cyberspace!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/535820-Pisces1---the-marketplace