*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538333-Old-Castles-Peacock-Feathers
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#538333 added September 28, 2007 at 8:42pm
Restrictions: None
Old Castles, Peacock Feathers
I'm using rose script tonight because tomorrow we are celebrating my granddaughter Annabella's 5th birthday--and pink is her favorite color. She is entranced with the Disney princessess, though Belle of Beauty and the Beast is her favorite----my wish is that she grow up to be bookish and kind-hearted like Belle of the fairy-tale.

I pulled the Sabian oracle tonight and received Taurus 30--the image is of a peacock parading on the terrace of an old castle.

The old castle must be for Annabella. I have actually bought her for her birthday a castle playset--so she can imagine peacocks strolling the grounds.


I am listening to Annie LaMott on books-on-Cd---her newest book---Grace Eventually--Thoughts on Faith. Anne LaMott is who I would like to be when I grow up. Or at last I wish she were my best friend. We are about the same age, but she is sharp, and wise, funny, and achingly truthful. She is a progressive Christian and as rowdy a left-leaning liberal as you can get. She is narrating the Cd and I wish she lived around the corner and had wise stories to tell me every day of the week.

Lavender Jane had a lovely entry some time ago about meeting Annie at a conference, but it is no longer in her port...*Cry*.....

A few days ago I had a review about a political poem I had written on terrorism...the writer gave me 1.5 stars, because he "didn't understand it". I wanted to fire back a reply saying that perhaps you shouldn't be reviewing poetry you don't understand ...but decided to err on the side of generosity and simply explained the meaning.

What I should have said at that time is that Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. "Terror

In her book Anne LaMott speculates that perhaps all that has been done by the Bush administration, ostensibly as a response to 9/11, has done nothing more than pushed us closer to the end-times. I well remember watching the news that morning and thinking that Armageddon had indeed started. Perhaps it has, though not starte by the supposed terrorists, but by the political machinations and policies unleased by the Bushies since that time.

Even so, everything cycles, and perhaps in a hundred or a thousand years, we will have a democracy and an America to be proud of again.

In the meantime, I'll celebrate life with my grandkids, keep reading and writing, and pray and work for peace and justice.

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/538333-Old-Castles-Peacock-Feathers