*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539842-Pathway-to-Eden
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#539842 added October 5, 2007 at 9:59pm
Restrictions: None
Pathway to Eden
I have been having great fun writing a poem a day for Acme 's
Halloween contest.

Today's prompt was to write a parody of a pop-song with a tale of voodoo.

Now, what most people know of voodoo or voudou or voudun is stereotypes they've gleaned from the movies. But there is a rich tradition underlying voudun practice and I recently stumbled across the concept that "voodoo is the oldest religion". It is certainly akin to shamanism and has developed and evolved charecteristics from all the cultures where it has existed.

So my version of voodoo is a little different, probably by too much reading of Anne Rice novels.

I've been intrigued for a while by a book titled The Voudou Quantum Leap--so I finally went and ordered it. It details how voudou has anticipated much of the findings of quantum physics and the nature of reality. Perfect book for Halloween since Ms. Rice has abandoned vampyres and wytches for Christianity. Not a bad thing....but her most recent novel about the boyhood of Jesus wasn't as well-written as her gothic tales.

 Pathway to Eden  (ASR)
pop-song parody for Halloween
#1328676 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier


When I was writing my revised lyrics to Stairway to Heaven I was listening to Dolly Parton's version of the rock classic. She does it backed by a gospel choir and I love her interpretation!

I like my own lyrics, too! *Smile*

Happy Halloween!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/539842-Pathway-to-Eden