*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544111-My-World
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1325631
Qwilty's release from the mundane.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#544111 added October 24, 2007 at 4:13pm
Restrictions: None
My World
Well the past 2 weeks have been very interesting. I got a flu bug my daughter brought home from work and then a neighbor decided to cut down all the very tall pine trees in his front yard. Because I am soooo allergic to cut pine I started having asthma problems and finially ended up in the hospital. Each time I would get home and be home for just a few days before it had gotten so bad I couldn't get enough oxygen.

The elderly man that lives between my house and the one cutting the trees also ended up in the hospital. So then the health department got involved and they found out the guy was having all the debri shredded into a huge pile in his back yard. The city told him he would have to get rid of the debri pile because it violates city ordinances.

Watching so many trees that are over 100 years old come toppling to the ground has made me realize how beautiful the trees in my own yard are. We have worked hard to maintain our trees even though they cause problems for the grass that we keep planting. But the beauty they provide is worth the hassles.

We have 5 spruce and a red cedar tree all of which are well over 100 feet tall. They provide homes for the local birds and squirrels. We are keeping our eyes open for refugees from the neighbors house so we can make them welcome in our trees. I even put out all my giagantic sunflowers at the base of my trees to show them they are more than welcome here.

So even though my house is sealed tighter than a drum I still sit and marvel at all the birds and squirells that come and partake of our offerings. I tried to get the seeds out of one sunflower for them but gave up after just 5 seeds. The squirells tiny hands are perfect for extracting the nuts and the birds use their beaks just as efficiently.

I have enough sunflowers to last well after Halloween and am looking forward to watching my wild friends cheerfully gobble them down. And with Halloween just a week away I have stocked up on all the goodies I will give out to the few children who brave the cold weather to trick or treat. This year it will be play dough, stickers, and mini candy bars. Too bad we never get more than 40 kids.

© Copyright 2007 Qwiltylady (UN: qwiltylady at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Qwiltylady has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/544111-My-World