*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/547822-Balsamic-Moon
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#547822 added November 8, 2007 at 7:56pm
Restrictions: None
Balsamic Moon
Tonight is a balsamic moon---the last sliver of light before the moon becomes new...

It is a time for rest and restraint....something I clearly am in need of.

Tomorrow's new moon is in Scorpio, and a time to go wading deep into the ancestral pool...I am calling on the spirits of all my grandmothers to help me heal, to protect my son and his family. I am working with the anger I feel toward my daughter-in-law...anger helps nothing and only drains energy away.

With the days growing shorter, and the longer nights, I feel a need for turning inward, for being silent, for much prayer and meditation, and remembering to use my Reiki training for self-healing.

BALSAMIC MOON

Moon
mother
of discourse
dark as womb dark
bright as spirit light
pale on glimmering pale
seed in me nights mysteries
quicken dumb tongue with muse magic
gift me a cradle of ecstasy
birth a hypertactile language of touch.

Author's Note: A balsamic moon is the dark moon before the new, in the waning half of the lunar cycle. It is the last sliver in the eastern sky before dawn.

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/547822-Balsamic-Moon