*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549939-Gen-III-Lesson-7-Paragraphs
by IdaLin
Rated: ASR · Book · Educational · #1322799
This is a home for my lessons for the A-1 Academy.
#549939 added November 18, 2007 at 10:30am
Restrictions: None
Gen III Lesson 7: Paragraphs
Poorly written paragraphs depicting:

1. Lack of Unity

I work on Saturdays at the post office. It's dark in the morning. My car doesn't run well when it's cold.

These three sentences seem to have nothing to do with each other.

2. Lack of Coherence

I work on Saturdays at the post office. It's dark in the morning. My car doesn't run well when it's cold.

In this paragraph, there is nothing that ties the work, the dark, and the car together.

3. Lack of Development

I work on Saturdays at the post office. It's dark in the morning. My car doesn't run well when it's cold.

These three statements don't go anywhere with a thought. It's unclear what they intend to say.

How the paragraph would read if it had unity, coherence, and Development

I work for the post office, and in the winter, it's dark and usually cold in the morning. Some mornings my car, which is quite old, doesn't run well when it's cold, and checking under the hood in the dark is a nuisance. This can be frustrating because the mail always has to be delivered whether or not my car is ready to deliver it, regardless of the weather conditions.

© Copyright 2007 IdaLin (UN: conniefs at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
IdaLin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/549939-Gen-III-Lesson-7-Paragraphs