*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553410-FLOODING
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1302157
My blogging here
#553410 added December 4, 2007 at 9:17pm
Restrictions: None
FLOODING
You're not going to believe this...all of our snow has melted! There is not a single trace left of it. We had so much rain move into Western Washington with that big storm off the coast, that it melted all of our snow! Including a lot of snow in the mountains; which then turns to water and rushes down into the rivers adding to the already swollen rivers from the rain. The storm brought with it high winds and balmy 60 degree temperatures. When we went to bed last night it was still 60 degrees here! So all that warm air and the downpouring of rain just literally wiped away all trace of any snow around here.

We had some pretty high winds here last night. I swear one gust just roared through like a freight train. It could have been at least 60 miles and hour by the sounds of it! They had wind gusts down on the coast of 129 miles an hour! But, that is nothing compared to the flooding that is going on down in Lewis County in Southern Washington. It is just horrible...ten feet of water over huge sections of I-5! They have Major Flooding down there from the Chehalis River at Centralia. It appears that I-5 will be closed in that area for days to come. Especially if parts of the interstate highway have washed away from all that water. My heart goes out to all those people who have homes and businesses under water almost to their rooftops and to those who have lost any loved ones to this record breaking storm.

Here at home we have only minor flooding from the Skagit River. We are very fortunate in this area to escape the moderate to major flooding from this storm that is occurring elsewhere in our state.

We are thankful that we are safe and that our families are safe also.


** Image ID #1356435 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2007 ShiShad (UN: shishad at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ShiShad has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553410-FLOODING