*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555480-Christmas-Wish
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#555480 added December 16, 2007 at 1:31pm
Restrictions: None
Christmas Wish
I've written a very simple Christmas wish, in the form of an eintou, for the Stretch Your Style forum/contest. "For Christmas.

It could be the Christmas rush/madness, even though I'm not participating much, but I'm feeling off on writing at all. Though this waxes and wanes and usually returns.

I've never been a fan of Wayne Dyer's earnest New Age-y type books. But caught him speaking on PBS the other night about his newest book--Change Your Thoughts--Change Your Mind. I was intrigued because his inspiration fohe book was Lao-Tzu. I had "discovered" Lao-Tzu decades ago, when I was searching for a philosophy of life and spirituality that made sense to me. I immediately resonated with the teachings of the Tao Te Ching. For years, I had a little shrine with a wooden icon of Lao-Tse. I lost the icon in a move somewhere along the way.

I think there are better translations and interpretations of these teachings than Mr. Dyer's, but I stumbled across the book at the library and I am enjoying being reminded and re-introduced to these concepts and teachings. Too much of New Age thought and focus is on getting more, more, more....where Taoism is about be-ing rather than having and getting.

I went to my grandkids Christmas school program...I managed to choke out a hello to my soon-to-be ex-daughter-in-law-----could not find anything else to say, so thought it best to say nothing.

The grandkids seem to be doing OK through this divorce and seperation. I am not naive enough to think there won't be repurcussions, but I have gotton over the initial rage and dismay and know that all I can do is be a strong, secure presence in their lives.

My son actually seems to be doing better emotionally as he has accepted the inevitability of this divorce and is moving forward to make a life and a home for himself and his children. He is hoping for a shared custody, so there will be another strong presence in their lives.

I am holding them all in my prayers....and I can even ask our divine Mother/Father God to bless my daughter-in-law...

Christmas blessings....

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/555480-Christmas-Wish