*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553888-Toothless
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#553888 added December 7, 2007 at 3:02pm
Restrictions: None
Toothless
Had dental extractions today----6 total---4 upper right aand 2 lower right. Maakes a total of 10 teeth gone--4 lower left done months ago. Next is repalcement of some sort------sucking down mashed potatoes and pain pills!

Watching the Food Network and salivating----I know, I know, a pleasant visual image! I'm probably the only woman alive who can get teeth extracted and gain weight!

I recently read Shirley MacClaine's newest book Ageing while Sageing--and she details the energetic connections between teeth and the body's other systems--much like the reflexology points of the feet.....So what happens when the teeth are gone?....I'll just be blob. blob. blobbing along.

I've had nitrous oxide with both episodes.....if it came in pill form, it could definitely be a drug of choice.....WA-A-A-Y better than Xanax or Valium.

My ex-husband suggested She Died Laughing as my epitaph...current hubby, #2 and holding, says little, but holds my hand and rubs my feet, reflexology
meridiens not withstanding.

You should pick-up Shirley's new book, a quick read, not particularly well written, but she always has something interesting to offer.

The holiday season is tumbling along...I'm participating as little as I care to, though lighting both Hanukah and Advent candles, and remembering what all this fuss is about, after all....

Years ago I came across a wonderful song , a duet, by Aaron Neville and Linda Ronstadt, called "Song of Bernadette". I sob every time I hear it played. For me it invokes the Holy Mother, and the maternal, compassionate qualities of the Divine's feminine face.

As George Harrison sang, "When I find myself in times of trouble Mother Mary comes to me...."

Sometimes it is easier for me to pray and connect to this feminine force...though God is of course, beyond these boundaries...

I recently discovered that the lyrices of the song were written by Leonard Cohen....

 Song of Bernadette  (E)
a pantoum inspired by Leonard Cohen's song, "Song of Bernadette".....the Divine Feminine
#1356272 by ridinghhood-p.boutilier


Well I can still gum sugar cookies and drink lots of eggnog!

Blessings!

Ah, this morning the weatherman predicted continued warmth and blue skies, narry a rain cloud in the picture....but here it is at 3:00 pm and we are having a quite satisfying downpour! We are just beginning dry season here and the rainy season was way under normal, so conditions of dryness and water restrictions prevail. I'm enjoying the rare afternoon rain!

© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/553888-Toothless