*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559720-Of-death-and-little-boys
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#559720 added January 8, 2008 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Of death and little boys.
Early last night we learned that Danny's best friend's grandmother passed away. Just hearing Josh's tears on the phone made me cry. I admit that I am very emotional and also a sympathetic crier. Always been that way and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Betty was a customer of ours at the garage, and the nicest of ladies. I'd say I've known her for at least six years now. One time when I picked her up from her house to take her to the shop to pick up her car, she gave me a tour of her home. How many people do that these days? She came into the garage and always had a story to tell, and loved to hear about Rabih's life back in Lebanon. Hubby really like her. They took the time to get to know one another, not just customer-mechanic relationships. They knew each other as people.

What surprises me the most, is the difference in reactions between Zak and Danny. Josh is Danny's best friend. Has been since first grade. But he showed no emotion. Zak on the other hand, wished he'd known Betty more than he did. And when I hugged Zak, he really held on tight to me, in fact, I was the first to let go. Danny, gave me a quick hug and rubbed my back and then turned and walked away. I even commented that he didn't show any emotion. But he didn't utter a word. So it's probably a good think that Josh asked for Danny instead of Zak, even though the three of them hang out all the time. Zak probably wouldn't have been able to sit and listen and help Josh through a difficult time. Danny did that. He was the strong one.

I get it, they are not the same people. My teenagers are different. Zak, the one that is a spitting image of his father, is more like me. He takes things to heart and shows his emotions. Danny, looks like me, but is so much like his father. The only time you see Danny's emotional side is when he's pissed off.

The Baran family is in my prayers, and Betty will be missed. May she rest in peace, and watch over her family in their time of need.

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/559720-Of-death-and-little-boys