*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560114-4-Days-12-Hours-31-Minutes-57-Seconds
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#560114 added January 10, 2008 at 6:48am
Restrictions: None
4 Days, 12 Hours, 31 Minutes, 57 Seconds
UGH! I am so a Charlie Brown fan, and using his lingo is helping me immensely. This contest is drving me to insaity. I admit it. In fact I can't see myself entering another writing contest because of the stress factor.

When you submit to a publisher, you have a time frame. They do not compile a list, post it on the internet accidently, then yank it when they realize the error. Again the list appears, a new tweaked version with only categories. So of course we all look at it and wonder excitedly. Then they yank that, only to post a new one, with popular authors. Do thiey think it's funny to play with our heads this way?

At this point, I am a lurker, hanging out on the Amazon boards because I'm tired of posting to them. I watch and read and wait, and wait, and WAIT. What if this is all for naught? I mean, what our my chances anyway?

Orginally I thought it was 5,000 entries, but if you read the page it says, "Over 5,000 entries." Of those 5k, up to 1,000 will make the first cut and move on to the semi-finals. This was my goal. I felt strongly that if I made it to the semi-finals, then I actually had something. Of course it could use a little more work, I knew that going in to the contest. But that would certainly give me hope that I really had something worthwhile on my hands. I want that boost. To know that my dream isn't so far out of my reach.

Ok, done, enough of this bloggity, blog, blog, bitch session today. What a great stress reliever though!*Cool*

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560114-4-Days-12-Hours-31-Minutes-57-Seconds