*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560465-Small-Things
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#560465 added February 2, 2008 at 10:53pm
Restrictions: None
Small Things.
Happy Friday everyone. It seems like WDC is just brimming with good news today. Contest entrants are getting good news. Three people from Romance House are getting published and that is so inspiring. By late Monday I shall have the answer I've been waiting for.

Small things. My grandfather is almost 92. He is suffering from alzhiemer's, and it's so very sad to watch. My mother took him to the bank to do some updating of his account, and he told the bank officer that his daughter was his sister. He thought one time that I was his Aunt. It amazes me that when he can't tell you your name, or who you are, he can pull some tidbit of info out of a hat, and you think clarity has returned.

I was there about a year ago, checking up on him while my mother was out of town. He didn't know who I was, wanted me leave. I show up with my husband, who he hasn't seen him in six months, and he takes one look at him and smiles. "Hi, R. How's business."

I was so stunned, and a little miffed. I mean, I'm the flesh and blood for crying out loud. R swears that I exaggerate his condition, especially since gramps knows R's name. That makes it all good I guess.

So these are the small things I will always remember about the man who raised me. My grandfather LOVED to make up his own words, then as if that weren't enough, he'd put it into a song and dance around in the kitchen to it. He'd send me outside when I was about 10 to cheer for Ohio State and Nortre Dame when they were behind in college football. He used to let me sip his beer, which he salted. It's no wonder I'm a salt addict. The smell of old spice gets me everytime. It's him, his scent, and it takes me back.

His favorite sayings....."Well what in the hell did you go and do that for?" "Well hell far." *Laugh* "Well, Jeees-sus Chriii-st" And those words were drawn out long and full of emotion.

Good times, good times*Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/560465-Small-Things