*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563387-Knight-of-Swords---Wild-Cherry-Bark
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#563387 added January 25, 2008 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
Knight of Swords---Wild Cherry Bark
signature created by Jem


I wonder if wild cherries are sweeter than domesticated ones? Should probably be eating cherries while I write.

The Tarot consists of a total of 78 cards----and my blog which is ostensibly about the Tarot has only touched on a few of the cards in the deck. Though I pull at random and then blog, I have favorites that I enjoy writing about and others which I'd just as well ignore.

So my plan is to go through selecting a card at random, and then not returning that card to the deck, and blogging till all the cards are covered.

I've decided to pick from The Herbal Tarot as the starting point. I love the gentle images in this deck, and the associations with plants and herbs.

On the Knight of Swords---I have scribbled a note "intuitive thought". The handsome knight in the picture has flung his sword up to his shoulder, and while striding forward has stopped to pause and enjoy the sunrise. He reminds me of the Dark Moor, turbaned and black-coaked, who was striding through the Renaissance Fair last week-end.

Again, I am not happy with my job, and looking for a way out. So shall I employ intuitive thought to the situation? Instead of going off willy-nilly, like a tend to do, I have an intuitive plan.....what I want is a full-time job with Hospice as a massage therapist.....I'm going to send them my resume, then see what happens. A co-worker told me there was a new therapist in this position, and though they are not currently advertising I thought I'd get my foot in the door. Some months ago they were advertising for a part-time therapist and Reiki practictioner, but I ignored the ad because it wasa part-time job and I had just started this job that I had high hopes about. But......the on-call hours in this position are getting to me as is the general stress and tension in the office.....

My current job isn't totally odious....and so I'm going to wait and not settle again until I find a "dream position".....I'm 56 years old and too old to continually be job-hopping.


http://astropoetica.com/proofs/postcards.html

Following the link above will take you to my poem that's going to be in the Winter 2008 issue of the on-line journal Astropoetica. Not about cherries, but about intuitive thought.

Wild cherry bark is apparently good for soothing bronchitis and coughs----been lucky this year so far, no bronchitis, but will keep the wild cherry bark in mind. When I worked at the Miccosukee Indian Reservation, the clinic MD, who was Haitian, told me to make a concoction by sprinkling an onion with sugar, letting the juices steep, and then using the syrup. It helped a bit.....I have found that when I get a cold or sniffles the worst thing I can do is to take an OTC cold med....they seem to make any mucus thicker and more tenacious, and then I can't get rid of it. So If I have an inkling of a cold, I dose with ZICAM, use saline nasal spray, self-treat with Reiki and pray......

Well self-treating with Reiki and prayer seems to help in most instances....

Blessings....going to watch the live Garth Brooks concert and drink red wine....










© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/563387-Knight-of-Swords---Wild-Cherry-Bark