*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564427-Five-of-Pentacles--Mugwort
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#564427 added January 30, 2008 at 4:14pm
Restrictions: None
Five of Pentacles--Mugwort
This is one of those cards I'd rather ignore----it represents sickness and worry--a woman in crutches sitting outside of a village, alone in the snow. But in the disance, are the lights of the homes---perhaps all she need do is knock. Perhaps it is about opening ourselves to each other, to the stranger....

Mugwort is considered a magical herb, and sniffing the leaves are said to enhance psychic dreams----but the essential oil itself is toxic.

I'm recovering from the flu, bronchitis, whatever....Went to jury duty today, and missed being chosen to be sated for a grand jury. Whew!

I found it interesting though that one of the questions asked of the jurors was strong feelings in either direction about capital punishment and that the state attorney's answer that in the case of a grand jury, strong personal feelings against or for would not automatically exempt one from being selected.

One gentlemen spoke of his personal reasons for supporting capital punishment and was not excused from being seated. All in all it was an interesting process.

One of my most diligent readers of this blog, and supporter of my writing is leaving this site...Carolina Blue ....due to a firestorm of attacks and criticism.....I will miss his regular comments and support.

I think there is a sense here that writing.com has become less about writing and honing your craft then a social network.

Admittedly, I find bad writing here winning awards, and wondering why.....

and in entering contests here you must always consider the caliber of the host...

there are blue case mods here who's work is horrible.....and many fine writers who never progress beyond that damn black case!

I kept in touch for a while with a fellow writer I admired who had suggested "demerit badges" in a public forum and was apparently censored! He left the site some time ago.

Perhaps the problem is the sheer enormity and openness of the site, hard to successfully cater to both teens, adults, serious, and not-so-serious writers.

I have been here for 2 years, three in May---and find myself less and less enthusiastic about being here.

I like the relatively ease of using this site---but perhaps it's time to start exploring.....

© Copyright 2008 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/564427-Five-of-Pentacles--Mugwort