*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565606-The-Perfect-Run
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#565606 added February 4, 2008 at 11:30pm
Restrictions: None
The Perfect Run
"Invalid Entry for a poet is when all the elements of a poem come together to bring tears to the reader's eyes. This doesn't mean the poem is sad, it means the poet presents emotions so well the reader can react in no other way. I'm not sure that any of my poems have achieved that, but I'm still working toward that goal.

We achieve perfection by degrees. A process of steps that takes the person to higher and higher levels of achievement. There are times in everyone's life when one achieves perfection on a momentary basis, but once that moment is encounter we move to a higher level and have to begin the struggle for perfection all over again.

If perfection is achieved on the first attempt then the task was too easy and it won't build confidence. Struggle is a part of the human make up, if we don't struggle to achieve anything, even perfection, then we don't appreciate it. Life without struggle is boring and unfulfilling. If blessed by not having to struggle for survival then we look to something else to fulfill that need to achieve perfection.

Sometime I find myself griping when I'm struggling for something or with a difficulty. Then I remember the gardener. When a gardener trims a fruit tree, prunes a rose bush or culls plants, it seems cruel. However, if fruit tree isn't trimmed then the fruit that it produces is of poor quality and not perfect or good to the taste. If a rose bush isn't pruned, the flowers are smaller and of poor quality and if plants aren't culled they crowd each other.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565606-The-Perfect-Run