*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565848-Feb-5-Laceys-Light-Chapter-590-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#565848 added February 6, 2008 at 1:28am
Restrictions: None
Feb 5 Lacey's Light Chapter 590 words
"Lace!" Justyn called out as she let herself in Lacey's front door. Not since college had either of them felt the need to knock. Every house they had lived in had merely been an extension of each other's own home. Therefore, Lacey didnt' bat an eyelash when she heard Justyn's voice echo up the hall. She did, however, pause a bit when her friend bounced through the bedroom door. Something seemed just a little...off. A little.....not quite Justyn.

"Heya, ready to go?" Justyn casually lounged on the end of Lacey's bed. "You look great, let's take off."

Justyn tossed a quick smile to Lacey, which she returned as she put the finishing touches on her outfit. Typical Lacey, she never set foot out of the house without looking just so, presenting exactly the image she wanted.

"Hold on, I"m almost ready. I want to just curl my eyelashes real quick," Lacey said, turning back to the mirror. The flump of her pillow being stuffed under Justyn's arms betrayed Justyn's impatience more than the quick huff of breath she tried to muffle. Looking through her lashes, Lacey glanced at her friend in the mirror.

"What's got you all uptight? You sounded fine when you called earlier. I thought this was our day to RELAX, my friend. Just you and me, a couple of girls, getting all girly, and not having to worry about men, or jobs, or rain, or anything."

Finished with her primping, Lacey dropped her curler into her makeup bag and turned to Justyn. Unfortunately, Justyn wasn't quite quick enough to hide the look of irritation that briefly crossed her face. Knowing that she was caught, Justyn rolled her eyes and flipped her hair across her face. Lacey's fingers pulled the locks aside to peer into Justyn's eyes.

"Hello! You can't fool me, silly. What happened that got you all het up? The more I talk, the more you look like you're gonna explode. Now, what happened in the last hour?"

Justyn's laugh was resigned and rueful at the same time.

"I'm sorry Lace, I didn't mean to get all pissy towards you," she said as she hugged her friend. "I'm not really upset, and there's nothing really bothering me. Just one of those weird sort of reactions that I'm not sure I have a logical explanation for."

"Aah, and so there is the problem. Something with no logical solution, something that my Justyn can't wrap her brain around...which makes her pissy and snarky and downright grumpy."

Lacey seemed to be talking to herself, but out of the corner of her eye, she saw Justyn put up her hands in the age-old sign of "Whatever!" that had always set the girls to giggles. Glad that her friend just seemed to be only suffering a momentary irritation, and sure that she would get the whole story later, Lacey pronounced herself ready to go.

"AFTER you remake my bed! Walk in here like you own the place, mess everything up, and make demands of me, you should at least clean up after yourself." Lacey's voice followed her down the hallway, as Justyn stood to shake out the comforter and plump the pillows. Shaking her head and smiling, Justyn put Lacey's bed back to her fastidious standards, grateful for her friend's laughing sarcasm. Jogging down the hallway, Justyn caught up with Lacey and lightly kissed her cheek.

"Thanks Lace, I needed that little kick in the butt. I love you."

"Anytime," Lacey answered with a smile. "Now lets go get all beautified."



Signature created by iKïyã§ama

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/565848-Feb-5-Laceys-Light-Chapter-590-words