*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566051-Feb-6-Laceys-Light--606-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
#566051 added February 7, 2008 at 1:25am
Restrictions: None
Feb 6 Lacey's Light 606 words
Three hours later, The Two emerged from the salon with beautiful nails, painted toes, and the loose and boneless feeling that comes from a good massage. No cares in the world, the brunette and the redhead walked down the sidewalk arm-in-arm. They were enjoying each other's company, the sunshine, and the feeling of no committments aside from each other.

Taking off in Justyn's Mustang, the two girls settled in to just enjoy the beautiful day, and each other's company. They talked about the gala some, mostly just the funny or entertaining parts of it. They didn't rehash the evening, that was for Monday morning at the office. They really wanted to leave work behind for the day and to reconnect as friends, not as business associates. Nothing could ever seperate the friends, or weaken their friendship. With all the recent activity with Lacey's campaign, though, the girls tended to talk primarily about work, and business, and politics. Which was all fine and good, Justyn mused as she drove. But today, they would be just two friends out for a good day. Nothing else, just two pretty girls in a zippy car.

"Jus, I'm SO glad we decided to take this day just for us," Lacey murmured as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the seat. "It seems like its been forever since the two of us just got to to disconnect from everything. I mean, there's always someone else around. Today, just me and my best friend."

Justyn glanced at Lacey as she drove. She looked so relaxed, her long hair brushing her face as she settled into the smooth leather of the bucket seat. Seemingly to herself, Lacey continued her monologue.

"Even as great as it is being with Jake and Chad all the time, WE really haven't gotten a chance to just have "us time" in quite while. And when we do, there always seems to be a deadline, or a meeting, or SOMETHING that's looming over our head, or something we have to rush off to." Sitting up straight, Lacey turned in her seat until she faced Justyn. "I've missed you, Jus."

Justyn glanced at her friend, concerned about the tone of her voice. "I've missed you too, Lace. I miss the fun we have together, the goofy things we laugh at. Seems like we've been so busy lately, that has kind of taken a back seat."

Lacey relaxed again, thankful for the easiness that she and Justyn had always felt with each other. No matter what was going on, they could always say anything, or nothing, and know that the other one would usually know just what they were "saying".

"I've been thinking," Justyn continued with a smile, "that things are probably going to get worse before they get better. You know your campaign is going to start ramping up here soon, and life will get pretty crazy. I just want you to remember, Lace, that no matter how crazy our life gets, I'll ALWAYS be here when you need me, to talk, or to not talk, or to just be with. Don't forget that."

"Oh, Jus," Lacey said, a shimmer of tears lighting her green eyes, "right back at you. I'll never be too busy for you. You know that, right?"

Justyn laughed, and squeezed her friend's hand with a smile. "Always, Lace."


The two settled into the comfort of an easy silence, broken only by the music, and the occasional comment. Having a sudden inspiration, Justyn grabbed Lacey's hand across the seat.

"Lace, let's drive down to the coast, huh? Just for the hell of it."



Signature created by iKïyã§ama

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566051-Feb-6-Laceys-Light--606-words