*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566330-The-High-Cost-of-Art
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#566330 added February 8, 2008 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
The High Cost of Art
"Invalid Entry is never the dollar price laid out for whatever objects the collector buys. Most collectors acquire objects not because of the financial cost, but because there is something about the object that gives them pleasure.

I collect Harley-Davidson items. I rode on only one Harley-Davidson in my life. I rode on the bitch seat behind the driver. I felt the power of the motorcycle and I fell in loved the motorcycle. I suppose being in love with a Harley-Davidson is better the being in love with the driver.

The motor cycle isn't going to hurt you and it isn't going to break your heart. The motorcycle is going to be there for you all the time. Every time you mount it, you can feel the power flowing through it and into your body. A Harley-Davidson is everything a woman could want in a man and it won't leave you for another woman. It's always going to be there for you, it's always going the feel the same every time you get on it.

There are a lot of Harley-wanna-bes out there, but they are not the same. Even looking at them you know they are not the same. You know when you get on them they aren't going to feel the same, when you start the motor you know it's not going to sound the same. True some of the Harley-wanna-bes cost about the same, but you don't buy a Harley-Davidson because of the cost.

One buys a Harley-Davidson for one of two reasons. First, owning and riding one makes you feel like you could conquer the universe. Second, a Harley is America's motorcycle and you are being patriotic when you own one. Harley-Davidson has gone international, but it was still born and raised in America. It is still the choice of police and state trooper across the country. It's the motorcycle that was on the front lines, with American troops, in World War I and World War II.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566330-The-High-Cost-of-Art