*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566426-Feb-8--Why-I-write-628-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
#566426 added February 10, 2008 at 2:25pm
Restrictions: None
Feb 8 Why I write 628 words
So I have decided that waiting until 1215 am to write is just plain silly!! My writing time is, inevitably, after my kiddo goes to bed each night. And that’s fine and good, and as it should be. She and her daddy get the majority of my attention. And then I sit at my computer while my husband sits at his. And I fart around, and do stuff. Ok, so not all of it is farting around. Tonight, I did some research, and then of course because I was researching authors on WDC, I get sidetracked by people’s ports, and I start reading. Well, then of course, I have to rate and review. Because I just don’t believe in just a simple rate. If I’m going to give my opinion, I’m at least going to tell you WHY, or WHAT in your piece struck me enough to respond to it. So then I get wrapped up in reviewing (which I really like to do, because I’m a reader too, and that means I get to read all kinds of new stuff, yeah me!). So then time passes, because I seem to be unable to mark the passage of time when I am either writing or reading. (Gee, and WHY is WDC my favorite site? Hm.) And before I know it, I realize I’m yawning, and falling asleep at my keyboard. Or, when KJ is home, it means HE is ready for bed…and I haven’t done my writing yet. And so here I sit, thinking, gosh, I’m tired and I’d like to go to bed. But no, I need to write first. No….I should correct that…I don’t need to write first. Because last time I checked, there is no one standing behind me with a ruler, ready to rap my knuckles if I power down my computer and head to bed. No one is even going to blink twice if I just send my computer into hibernation and go snuggle under my covers. No, I don’t need to write. I NEED to write. I have to. It drives me. Even though the last two nights have been silly ramblings, and I really don’t think I’m going to do anything with them, ever (well, you never know where the bones for a silly story might be found), I just have to write. It feeds my passion, lets me get “stuff” out of my head…last night it let me rant and rave a bit, and know that no one really has to read that, or care that I was whining about being cold. But more than that, my need to write reaffirms that I am doing the right thing. That I am doing what I love, and that I am working hard every day, striving to make my writing…and my writing habits….better and better each and every time I write.

So, no, I don’t need to write. I NEED to write. It is my passion and it is in my blood. Flowing out through my fingertips, often faster than I can race across my keyboard. I have to write…I have to share….I have to put my words and thoughts and passions out there. I have to. Its like a floodgate…it has been opened, and I have found my passion again. And so I write. I write often (daily, I’m trying to make a new habit of daily) and I write much. Because I need to. Because I want to. Because I love it. Because I love words, and the power of them, and the feel of them, and the sound of them. I love what I can do with words, and what others can do with words. And I love the way I feel when I write.

And so I write.


Signature created by iKïyã§ama

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566426-Feb-8--Why-I-write-628-words