*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566637-Rejection-work-and-shopping
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#566637 added February 10, 2008 at 11:29am
Restrictions: None
Rejection, work, and shopping.
So last night, I edited chapter two of Megan's. I was quite proud of that feat. I checked on the website for the Literaray Agency that I queried on February 2nd. I was curious as to the time line. Oh how I forgot that it was two weeks, and they only respond if they are interested. This make Monday-tomorrow-the last day. So I decided to send a few more out. I sent to two other agencies, at 9pm last night. I certainly wasn't expecting a rejection from one of them this morning, but it came nonetheless. Guess it's the letter that's not exciting enough. I plan to work on that today.

Life at the garage is busy. This is not good. Hubby is in major pain, and won't go to the ER for treatment for what I suspect is a pinched nerve. Our doctor says it's old age. What a nut case. I'm ready to find a new doctor. I mean, how do you tell a 41 year-old man that his severe pain that he's had for 30 days is old age? Give me a friggin break. Must have got her MD from a cracker jack box *Laugh* It's the only explanation. She's not very hands on, and comparing her patients pain to her own, that everybody has the same thing, is a crock of crap if I've ever heard it. As Bitter Sweet Alley sang...Time to Move. And I will.

Ah the joys of shopping. I take the boys to Target all the time. But never had we done a three hour shopping spree before. I couldn't believe how tired I was when we got home. They were good. Never complained. How embarrassing it was to go into the shoe store, and find out that D was wearing shoes that are 3 sizes too small. How in the world did the kid not complain that his shoes were killing him? The woman at the shoe store was stunned, and thought that he'd been in the same shoes for years. I just happened to mention that he hadn't grown much in the last few years, but suddenly he's on a growth spurt. I bought those tennis shoes he was wearing in September-size 4 1/2. Now, he's a 7 1/2. Go figure. I bought him a size 8. I'm no fool. *Laugh* Mr. Z has to wait for his new Adidas to arrive in the mail. I like that Famous Footwear ships out of stock items directly to your home, free of charge. That is something I can deal with.

The beauty supply store had the purple nail polish that I had to have, so I am a happy camper. A little broke for the next week, and I dipped into the Theresa's laptop fund, but hubby was good and gave me an extra hundred for working late on Friday. *Wink*Sweet!

So as much as I complain that we need a mechanic, maybe I should hold my tongue for the next two weeks, and I'll be able to buy that new, shiny, silver and black HP laptop by the middle of March. *Bigsmile* That makes me happy for sure.

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/566637-Rejection-work-and-shopping