*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567404-February-12-2008
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#567404 added February 13, 2008 at 6:08pm
Restrictions: None
February 12, 2008
On "Invalid Entry the alarm went off at 4:00 AM, playing a local music station. I lay in bed listening to the music echoed through the house. The clock radio is in the living room setting on the dining room table. My dining room table is in my living room because there is a hospital bed in my dining room. I'm planning on the hospital bed being gone before March 21, 2008 and then I can put the table back in the dining room where it belongs.

Lion came into my bedroom about 4:30 or 5:00 AM, he doesn't like the music playing more than a half-hour. I got up, stopped at the thermostat, turned the heat up and stopped at the bathroom. Then I went in the kitchen, with Lion following and meowing all the time, to see if Prince (Lion's brother) had opened the fridge door during the night. After making sure everything in the fridge was secure, I went into the living room and turned the alarm off.

I sit down on the couch, because I was cold, covered up with a wool blanket (not the best idea since I'm allergic to wool) and recited the Tablet of Ahmad a couple of times before going to sleep again. I went to sleep with Trouble's purring on my chest and Lion on the arm of the couch. Woke up between 7:00 and 7:30 AM. Realized that Mom and I needed to be at Help of Southern Nevada to get an emergency food voucher for the Methodist church.

I got my mother up, she was already awake, but it was too cold for her to get up. We got dressed, Mom complaining all the time about how cold it was in the house. I don't have to complain about how cold it is because my mother does it much better then I can. Then we went out to the car, which was parked in the garage. I didn't have to open the garage door because it won't close, the remote controlling that door has new batteries so there is something else wrong. I'm going to have to have that fixed whenever I get $55 to pay a maintenance person to fix the door.

My mother got in the front passenger seat and I put her walker in the backseat. I went around to the driver's side and realized that I hadn't closed the door properly on Monday. Naturally I couldn't start the car and the only neighbor who was home couldn't do heavy lifting or pushing to help get the car out of the garage to jump it (for those archaeologists reading this entry in a thousand year; jumping, in this case, refers to using jumper cables to start a dead engine). I finally found someone home about 4:30 PM who could get the car out of the garage and jump it. It turns out I have another problem, I need to get a small cable to go on the battery because one was loose.

Once I got the car started we (Mom and I) went to Wal-Greens to get her meds. Since we were out and I didn't have a clock, but had to drive the car about 30 minutes to make sure the battery was properly charged. We went to ARCO to get gas, however, they only took debit cards and not credit cards. I went to the Western Petroleum station on the corner of Eastern and Sahara. Explained to the attendant that I needed $10 of gas and we had to use the credit card. We came home and I backed the car into the garage. It is the first time I've backed my car in and I did a good job.

I hope this account of my day doesn't put anyone to sleep. However, considering that in a thousand or two thousand years archaeologists will look at blog entries to determine the daily lives of twenty-first century humans, I thought it important to go into some detail. After all, we have a responsibility to the future to let them know how we lived on a day-to-day basis.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567404-February-12-2008