*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567585-Thursday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#567585 added February 14, 2008 at 11:18am
Restrictions: None
Thursday
It's Thankful "Invalid Entry again and Valentine's Day. I should post a Thankful Thursday list to my Yahoo journal writing group. I haven't posted anything to hat group in several day. I'll think of ten things to be thankful for on this cold and windy Thursday morning in Las Vegas.

Bitter Valentines Day

Your memory
is the pain in my knee,
which wakes me up screaming
every morning.


That's the closest I can come to a Valentine's Day poem this morning. I realized today that I never received a box of chocolates or roses from any man I fell in love with. Friends have given my mother and me boxes of chocolates for other occasions, but I never received chocolates and flowers on Valentine's Day. It's probably just as well that I don't associate chocolate and roses with the guys I've been with, my love poems are bitter enough without having to avoid chocolate and roses because of bad and bitter memories.

I should put that on my Thankful Thursday Valentine's Day list.
*Heart*Today I am thankful that none of my ex-lovers ever sent me chocolates and roses for Valentine's Day.

Perhaps I should focus more on the spiritual aspects of Valentine's Day, after all the day is named after a Saint. God did create humanity because of love, so maybe instead of focusing on the material or physical aspects of the day I should focus on the spiritual.

I'd like some chocolates today, either a box or a Kit Kat bar. It's been a long time since I had a Kit Kat bar, I remember the taste fondly. Come to think of it I'd like some chocolates as well. Between Mom and myself, we've eaten every crumb of chocolate in the house. Not only that, but we didn't go to the Ethel M factory last Christmas to see their lights and take a tour of the factory. Which means we didn't get a free chocolate sample. I'm looking forward to Christmas and the tour of the Ethel M Chocolate Factory in Henderson, Nevada.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567585-Thursday