*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567703-Happy-Valentines
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1364628
My blog of fun, love, frustrations and me.
#567703 added February 18, 2008 at 8:55pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Valentines?
Says who? It's been one of the those crazy days.

I did get some very nice C-notes today, and that was pretty cool. We don't celebrate this holiday. Mostly because it's the day Lebanon's dream died. My hubby is from Lebanon, and I've lived there myself. Beautiful country. If you ever want to see what it's like to really be all about family, head over there. They are on a much higher level over there. Family is first, there's no question.

This is the third anniversay of Rafik Hariri's assassination. It's a sad reminder of what politics can come to when people believe that the only way to make a statement is to kill the voices that try to help without a second thought. That country has been ripped apart by the 2006 summer war and the political killings. It's so damn depressing. I still want my summer vacation back from two years ago.

I had to flee the bombings, and head home, leaving my hubby's family behind. That was pure torture, but I couldn't stay. It was the worst experience of my life, and I still suffer some residual effects of those two weeks. And if anyone wonders, we are clueless as a nation, unless you've been physically in a war, as to what it actually feels like. Everything in the US is so sugar coated.

People die, by the hundreds from a single bomb. I can still remember standing on my balcony, and watching the F16 flying overhead. The glow of the heat sinking missles as they shot through the sky, and then hit their target. I flinch when I hear loud noises, and I now hate fireworks. They are a reminder of that awful summer.

Ok, no sadness. So for those of you who celebrate the holiday. Enjoy. Snuggle with the loved ones. Kisses, and hugs to all *Heart*

© Copyright 2008 Purple Celebrates (UN: purpleprincess at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Purple Celebrates has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567703-Happy-Valentines