*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567884-Just-some-misc-thoughts
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#567884 added February 15, 2008 at 5:41pm
Restrictions: None
Just some misc thoughts...
I just updated my "Going Pro" Journal. Here's a link:
StephB's Going Pro Journal  (18+)
My journey to get published.
#1031464 by StephBee - House Targaryen
It talks more indepth about my recent writing challenges.

VALENTINES

Well Andrew's school put on a 30 minute program with singing and poetry for Valentine's Day. It was so cute. Andrew was in the first row and was my animated with the hand gestures. He was a big ham. I'm glad I had the opportunity to see it. Yesterday Brent and the boys and me all shared dinner today and then exchanged cards, chocolate, and flowers. It was low key but the thing I appreciated the most was the fact we were all together.

SAD DAY

LAPD just paid their respects to Officer Randal Simmons of the LAPD SWAT unit. He was killed in the line of duty yesterday when a male with mental illness had hostages in his family's house and was refusing to let them out. SWAT tried to get in and he was killed. I just watched his funeral on TV. It was a loving, poignant last remembrance of him.

POLITICS

Well my girl Hillary is down in numbers, but if you ask me she's still competitive. One thing I am concerned about is that she has to rock the house in Wisconsin. Wisconsin may not be as big as Ohio or Texas, but it's a state that she could do really well in. The Democrats there are the ones that she appeals to. Wisconsin is a hard working state with hard working Democrats. I'd like to see her really push and focus on winning that state. If she can get Wisconsin, she can slowly, but surely keep the tide in her favor. Just my observation.

All I can say, it's been a hell of a primary season so far.

So, should Michigan and Florida's votes count? Well, after listening to all the political shows and pundits here how I would solve the problem:

Let Florida stand. They were pressured to move up their primary and all the candidates were on the ballot. As for Michigan, I'd sponsor a new primary (since they had a primary there, not a caucus) and I'd split the bill between the National Democratic party and Michigan state party. Every vote counts this year.

Smiles,
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/567884-Just-some-misc-thoughts