*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569436-MidWest-Book-Review
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#569436 added February 22, 2008 at 11:56pm
Restrictions: None
MidWest Book Review
I just got this book review in for "Destination: Berlin" from the MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW and I thought I'd share:

Small Press Bookwatch: February 2008
James A. Cox, Editor-in-Chief
Midwest Book Review
278 Orchard Drive, Oregon, WI 53575

The Fiction Shelf

Destination:Berlin
S.G. Cardin
IUniverse, Inc.
2021 Pine Lake Rd. 3100, Lincoln, NE 68512
9780595164196, 414.95 www.iuniverse.com

Honorable mention winner of the 75th annual Writer's Digest Competition S.G. Cardin present Destination: Berlin, a suspenseful novel set in Cold War Germany. When Corporal Sharon Cates finds her train to Berlin derailed in the middle of communist East Germany, she discovers a top-secret document in her briefcase, that both the KGB and the Stasi are willing to kill for. A race to Berlin ensues, and Sharon receives hlep form the unlikeliest of sources, Russian soldier Jr. Sgt. Dimitri Nagory. Inspired by the author's own experiences taking a trip to Berlin, serving the Army's Military Police Corps, and studying history, Destination: Berlin is a tautly written sage of mistrust, determination, and survival.

***

I was so tickled pink to get this review from the Midwest Book Review. I sent the a copy of "Berlin" back in August 2007. They are a very reputable Book review site and I'm honored to have a review from them. Thoughts?

Smiles,
Steph

© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569436-MidWest-Book-Review