*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568077-Ebon-Knight-poem-Saw-Royal-Scots-Dragoon
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#568077 added February 16, 2008 at 8:11pm
Restrictions: None
Ebon Knight (poem). Saw Royal Scots Dragoon
Ebon Knight

Ebon knight, star-streaked, silver mooned,
by dawn's light dead to the swoon of passion
flowers, steeped in tea, thyme
mixed with rosemary, remembrance
of roasted pork, last night's repast,
before the tongue-sweet lingering dessert,
of berries ripe for picking.
There he lies,
exhausted from the dream-world fights,
from skirmishes won by starlight.
This ebon knight:
sun bronzed, copper mooned
the morn's delight.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [164.512] 2008-02-15

Leighton (who I've know for three years as JUST a friend) is sitting next to me at the library. He's ebon and totally delightful! Beautiful smile and pleasant personality. Good thing he doesn't read my blog!

ME:

I struggled, but I have six more poems ready to be sent out (or handed to) an editor tonight.

As for last night ... the Royal Scots Dragoon was in town. Now ... the Scots aren't exactly known for their exuberance (although the English made them look downright rowdy); but, they entertained (and the bagpipes were pleasantly NOT annoying). 4 dancers did the Highland Fling without a glitch and the more difficult sabre dance. They are all very young (20 max, I figure) and the tallest looked like Pat Swayze with long legs! *Smile* They get to go 'home' (they are stationed in Germany) around March 18th, so as the one guy said "It's a long time till I see mummy".

The Queen's own Band of the Coldstream Guards was also present. Very precise. They did a variety of music (I didn't know they had orchestral instruments as well). Musically, I loved the Welsh song (with fife) and the four french horns in mellow harmony for "Anchor's Away".

Found at Wikipedia:

The regiment has its own Pipes and Drums, who tour widely and perform in competitions, concerts and parades. Their most famous piece is Amazing Grace, which reached number one in the charts in the United Kingdom, Ireland and South Africa in 1972. The band released a new CD in late November 2007 through Universal Music, featuring a number of classic pipe tunes along with some modern arrangements. The album named Spirit Of The Glen, was produced by Jon Cohen and was officially launched at Edinburgh Castle.


And yes, they did "Amazing Grace".

Kansas: 34º and miserable rainy weather coming up from the South.
2405

My flower from zwisis, Thank-you!:
Yellow cheer from sarah

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568077-Ebon-Knight-poem-Saw-Royal-Scots-Dragoon