*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568340-pathos-bathos-and-hubris
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#568340 added February 17, 2008 at 11:46pm
Restrictions: None
pathos, bathos, and hubris


If I could change one aspect of my personality, it would be my tendency to foresee the worst case scenario in anything I attempt to do. The intriguing thing about foreseeing the worst is that it never happens. However, my self talk doesn't let past experience interfere with imagining the worst, telling me about it and insisting I need to be worried about it.

I will say that I have improved somewhat in the past few weeks. I am much more willing to say: "If it happens then I'll handle it!" Of course my inner critic, who is the source of my negative self-talk doesn't like that, but my inner critic seems to focus on my low self-esteem.

A friend, now passed into the next world, always said that the things she worried about never happen. She said the stuff that happened was so far off the wall she never would consider worrying about them. I have found this to be true.

One thing that happened recently was a wind storm that blew down the elm tree in my front yard. I wouldn't have worried about the wind blowing the elm tree down. Now I have a dead elm tree laying in my front yard. Fortunately, the tree missed the roof of the garage, it fell in the other direction. In addition, we were fortunate that it didn't take out an the electricity. However, I still have to deal with the elm tree.

Another thing I never would have foreseen was my computer mouse having babies. Ok, I know that sounds a little odd and needs explaining. It all started with the original computer mouse dying. I finally go enough points in a survey account to send for another mouse. I sent for a three-button mouse and it arrived in a nice box. I connected the mouse to the computer and all went well. A week later I got another package through snail mail. I opened it and it was another mouse, smaller then the one I sent for and connected to my computer. Yesterday another packaged arrived with another computer mouse. So I have a regular sized three button mouse and two smaller three button mice.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/568340-pathos-bathos-and-hubris