*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570842-Agent-Blogs--Misc
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#570842 added March 1, 2008 at 2:05am
Restrictions: None
Agent Blogs & Misc...
Happy Leap Year!


Well, it's been another week until I've been able to pop into here, sigh. That said, I just wanted to do a little pimping. I love this guy:

http://www.nathanbransford.blogspot.com/

He's Nathan Bransford and he's a literary agent who blogs out of San Fernando. I really like the tone he takes in his blogs. He comes across as down to earth to me. He had a great post about word counts a couple days ago which really hit home with me.

When I was working on TORMENT, my first, rough draft hit over 175,000 words. Too much for a first time author. When I did a manuscript review with IUniverse they told I was too wordy and had to cut it down. I tackled the uncomfortable chore of editing and sliced and diced and got the manuscript down to 125,000 words, which falls in his Nathan's recommend word count range of 40-150K words.

With THE WOLF'S KISS, I'm up to 53,000 and I'm almost done. I just have to write the ending which might take me up to 60,000. I can't wait till I finish too. Then the hard work begins - finding literary agents who want to take on a paranormal romance. Any recommendations? Smile.

As for my week, it's hetic, as usual. First off I'm down on my Nano. I've pretty much max'd out my 8 gigs with shows of the Tudors. This conflicts with the fact I want to download a couple of political podcasts so I can keep up the primary races. Sigh...My husband says he'll get me CLASSIC for my birthday - in June. I guess I just have to be patient.

It been hard to do any writing at work this week. I was on the non-emergency line and it's draining to try and write between listening to non-emergency police problems. Wednesday, I helped Brent shop at Costco before going to work. Thursday, I stayed home with the kids while Brent went to the dentist and took our 4Runner to the dealer to get a major service since it hit 60,000 miles. Can you believe it? 60,000 miles since Sep 2005. I'm a driving whore!

We did manage to find a babysitter at the last minute and go to our favorite French restaurant out this way called, Le Chene. My husband tried the buffalo ribeye which he loved. I played it a little safer with NY strip in borderlaise butter. Now we're plotting our return trip.

We also did some planning for our mini vacation we're taking in April. I think we're going to visit California gold country up near Sacramento and then we'll visit the train museum in Sacramento before going on to wine country.

My hours at work change on Sunday. I'll be working from 6 am to 2 pm. It's more of a normal day, but it's harder to find child care in the morning hours. It was a challenge trying to get this month covered.

Rock out with Amy Winehouse.



© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570842-Agent-Blogs--Misc