*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569775-22408
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#569775 added February 24, 2008 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
2/24/08
Hi Everyone! I am alive and kicking, even though it's been a while since I've blogged.

Two weeks ago, Joe got a vicious head cold that resulted in him missing two days of school, and as a result, my missing two days at work. So, I spent the remainder of THAT week getting caught up at work.

Last week, I got a mother-in-law of a sinus infection. It was really, really bad. I dragged my sorry butt to the doc, and was afraid that they were going to say I had pneumonia and put me in the hospital. They took my blood pressure, and it was 90/60, which is very, very low. Three prescriptions and lots of time off work (I only worked 3 hours last week) and I'm feeling quite better. That was a wicked infection and I wouldn't even wish it on the donkey, it was that bad.

Yesterday, I picked up Joe from his time with his dad, and he shared with me what had happened to him, and in doing so, I think he invented a new word. He told me he had a "power poop." Now, I've heard of Power Bars, power naps and power walks, but never power poops. Interesting. Further conversation with his dad revealed that he had a minor case of the runs.

Then, about 1:30 am this morning, he woke up vomiting. Oh joy!!! Neither one of us got much sleep after that. He had a lot of stomach pain. Finally about 9 am in an act of desperation, I gave him 1/2 of a phenergan pill from a prescription I was given. The adult dosage was one pill, so I only gave him half of one. He finally went to sleep and slept a good long while.

I started waking him up about 3pm. At 4 I gave him some gingerale and a slice of toast, with the instructions that if he could keep that down for one hour, at 5pm I'd give him another slice of toast and some soup. It's now 5:30 pm and he's doing well so far. I really hope that the worst is past us and he will continue to get better. I'm done with this being sick stuff.

Lastly, I want to say thank you to reikidreamer for the awardicon she gave me. It's always wonderful when someone else recognizes your work and appreciates it.

© Copyright 2008 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569775-22408