*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571959-3608
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#571959 added March 6, 2008 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
3/6/08
Well, I've survived Joe's head cold, my sinus infection and Joe's stomach flu. I ended up getting his stomach bug too, and am thankful that it only lasted 24 hours. It was nasty! It was definately NOT the way I wanted to lose more weight, but I lost 2 more pounds.

Now for the latest exerpt on the donkey:
Back on Jan 14, I sent him an email about some changes I'd like to make to the divorce agreement. I sent him a word document outlining the changes, and told him that if he would agree to them that I would file the papers and pay all court costs, and he would just have to show up for 10 minutes to tell the judge that he agreed with the changes. I also stated that if he disagreed, or didn't respond, that I was still going to file the papers, but would request that he pay all court costs, mediation fees, etc because I did try to resolve it without having to go through all that. I asked him to respond within 2 weeks to let me know how he wanted to proceed.

On 1/24, I received an email from him stating that he hadn't had time to review the documents and could I please hold off until 2/17.

On 2/27 I sent him an email stating that it would be my last attempt to contact him before filing the papers with the court and to please let me know what his intentions were. (I had created two sets of filings....one for if he agreed, and one for if he did not agree. The unagreed papers asked for a lot of "fluff" things that I can bargain down to get what I really want)

On 2/29 he sent me an email that he didn't agree with any of the changes.

On 3/3, I filed the unagreed set of papers with the court. The donkey isn't too pleased with me right now, but that doesn't upset me too much, and he can get over it. Ain't the first time, and darn sure won't be the last! *Smile*

I was highly pissed to learn that he actually let Joe read the papers I had him served. I felt that was totally inappropriate and it caused Joe much unneeded anxiety and upset. His dad has wasted no time talking smack about me to Joe either. Arrgh!!! I explained to Joe the art of negotiation. I asked for more that what I really wanted in the court papers, so when we go to mediation, I can "settle" for what I really do want. I was hoping that I could shield Joe from the ick that is inevitable in these proceedings and not have to explain it all to him, but it is what it is, and since he asked, I wasn't going to lie to him about it.

I reiterated that this is not his fault, and he is very much loved and cherished by both his dad and I, and that we just don't agree on some things and this is the way we go about resolving them.

One of the things I wanted changed was our visitation schedule. The idiot doesn't want the schedule changed, but on the very next visitation day, he cancels saying he was too busy at work! Go figure. If he doesn't want the schedule changed, he should have at least showed up for it. He's playing right into my hand here, making my case even stronger. What a bonehead!!!

Computers are down at work for upgrades, so I'm glad I took the time to complete this entry. I guess I should probably go do something to look busy for a while.

thanks for stopping by,
Curls

© Copyright 2008 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571959-3608