*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569910-Isis
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#569910 added February 25, 2008 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Isis
Isis

Isis,
black statue
at the break of dawn,
night's nook in the crook of neck,
pillow of dark cotton wads
plucked from the Nile's bank; look,
she stretches ebony curves
that undulate along her path
to rest below a wave of greenery
in a ray of blood-rose light.
Her orbs flash gold and emerald
as she makes her move,
each muscle silent as she purrs
and pounces on her prey
to lick his face,
gently nudges him awake.

© Kåre Enga 2008 [164.526] 2008-02-23

ME:

Tried to pay bills. Seems that going to a counter and talking to a real person is no longer an option. *Frown*

Dreary Saturday. Remembered to buy milk, lemonade mix, cheese. Even got hot dogs (on sale).

The price of milk and gas were the same: $2.99/galloon.

Dropped off 6 rolls of film. I'm hoping that my Montana pictures from November/December are among them.

I wrote two "haibun" in my journal. The previous entry is one.

As for reading/writing. It hits at the oddest times. "Isis" above was written in the bathtub. I was thinking of Dan's black cat. Then of course, Sarah blogged about her kedis, so it seemed right to post it. As I edited it I thought of Sarah as Isis is part of her addy here (zwisis).

I am reading Beaudelaire, Tagore and Dylan Thomas. My journal is over 1550 pages and I'm averaging over a page per day this winter season. My yearly goal (up on March 20th) was 540 poetic sketches; I'm on 527.

Sunday ... computer still didn't work, but Monday? Working again. *Rolleyes*

Kansas: 45º and kinda sunny.
2591

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569910-Isis