*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569915-The-shadow-Rage-Chronicles-Chapter-6
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1293142
a story about a boy with strange powers and a half demon
#569915 added February 25, 2008 at 11:55am
Restrictions: None
The shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 6
The Shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 6

    Epheil and Lloyd ran through the tall grass spanning miles around, intent on their mission, as they had been for the past five years. Epheil was hoping that they wouldn’t take anymore detours, they had heard rumors of a powerful demon living up in the mountains west of Balka, they weren’t planning on stopping in Balka though, if the rumors were true than Balka wouldn’t exist any longer by now, even the lower demons are more organized with a high demon around, the more powerful the high demon the more influence he had with lower demons, if it was powerful enough than it could even get demons of opposing tribes to work together, and Balka didn’t stand a chance if that was the case.

    Epheil suddenly smelled something odd, he looked to his left and Lloyd was gone, he turned and started running toward the scent of a human and some lower demons. It was very odd for one human to be off alone, she smelled of blood and fear, he realized as he drew closer, demon blood began to fill the air also he realized, Lloyd was already there.

    Epheil leapt out of the brown grass and weeds and onto the back of a demon with wings hovering a few feet off of the ground. He brought the screeching beast down with a claw through its back, leaping off of it at the last second and landing in front of the frightened human girl.

    Three other demon corpses were nearby, two other of the ones with wings, another that was basically just a big snake, Lloyd was pulling his sword out of a second snake demon, any other predators that thought to make that human girl a quick snack began to leave the area, scents rushed away from the three of them in all directions.

    As Lloyd sheathed his sword Epheil examined the creature that now stood before them. She was bruised and had a long cut down her left arm, her lavender dress was torn and stained with dirt and mud and her short black hair seemed as if it had never seen a comb. At first sight of him she ran to Lloyd and threw her arms around him asking excitedly “oh Lloyd, is it really you, it’s been so long, how are you?”

    Lloyd pushed the girl off of him and asked, “Who are you, how do you know me?”
    The girl frowned at him as she replied “I’m Laura, you really don’t remember me? You killed a demon in my house five years ago remember?”

    “I think so” Lloyd responded, “a lot was going on then, I can’t seem to recall this incident.”
    “Really?” the girl sighed

“Be quiet” Epheil commanded, we saved you, but we don’t have time for all of this, we need to be leaving now.”

“Epheil” Lloyd responded “we can’t just leave her here, it will take her six days yet to get to Balka, we need to take her there.”

“Fine, but she will not slow us down, we will still arrive within three days at the latest.” Before he even finished talking he hoisted the girl up onto his back and began running, he had to hold her up with one hand, careful not to stick her with one of his claws, Lloyd made no complaints as he ran, the girl kicked and screamed for over an hour though, only stopping when Epheil threatened to leave her for another pack of demons to find.

    They ran constantly until nightfall, then continued until they found a large oak tree, it was the first tree they had came across that day, they decided to stop for the night. Epheil set the girl down and began pulling up the tall grass and weeds, ripping them apart from the ground and making a place that was just dirt so that they could start a fire without having to worry about creating an inferno. When he was finished and the fire was lit Lloyd began to cook carved strips of demon flesh that he had cut from the demons of their encounter earlier that day, as he cooked them he sliced them into odd pieces, pulling out certain parts and sprinkling water over others, purifying the meat and making it fit to eat, for a human. Epheil’s meat didn’t undergo the same steps in preparation, he was half demon and thus demon flesh by itself was never poisonous to him.

    By the time Lloyd finished carving the strips into edible pieces Epheil was finished with his and began to circle the perimeter making sure demons with weak scents weren’t hiding in wait to kill them in their sleep, before he left he saw the girl put one hand to her mouth and shake her head as Lloyd offered her some of the meal, typical of humans to refuse such generosity as the means to stay alive out of disgust for how it was accomplished, Lloyd began explaining to her that it was purified and all poisonous parts had been cut out, Epheil would be very surprised if he returned to find her alive rather than dead of starvation.
© Copyright 2008 7Zedd (UN: 7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
7Zedd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/569915-The-shadow-Rage-Chronicles-Chapter-6