*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537860-The-Shadow-Rage-Chronicles-Chapter-5
by 7Zedd
Rated: 13+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #1293142
a story about a boy with strange powers and a half demon
#537860 added September 26, 2007 at 2:02pm
Restrictions: None
The Shadow Rage Chronicles: Chapter 5

The shadow Rage Chronicles: chapter 5

Lloyd walked along the ruins of a forgotten city, it had actually been the countries capital less than five years ago, but then, five years ago Lloyd had unleashed the nameless demon and his servants from deep within Terithial.

Epheil was following slightly behind him, in a foul mood over something that Lloyd could not understand. The half demon was never cheerful for as long as Lloyd had known him, but sometimes he got to where he would appear ready to tear Lloyd to shreds for no reason whatsoever, like today.

Epheil was tall, almost seven feet but he looked over a foot shorter because he was always hunched over, white hair fell all the way down his back and fierce green eyes stared at nothing as he walked along. Lloyd looked odd beside Epheil, he was barely five feet tall with short cut brown hair, he wore simple black pants and tunic, but with a black hilted broad sword with two split blades strapped to his back. He had freed the nameless demon by drawing that same sword from the alter at Terithial, but he intended to kill the demon with the very sword that freed it.

He noticed a few lesser demons residing within the forgotten city. A few peeped out of holes in walls or stood on collapsing rooftops watching the two strangers walking through. None came near the two of them though, only a few red specks floated across Lloyd’s vision and minutes passed between each one, none of these demons stood a chance against the two of them and they all knew it.

“You think that stuffs true, about the Lightbringers and all?” Epheil asked as he walked, watching their surroundings cautiously. “I don’t know” Lloyd replied “there may be a few hiding in here and there might not be, if there are then they are all dead by now most likely.” Epheil nodded his agreement, The Lightbringers were a group of humans who believed that it was their calling to fight demons, they would not stop at defending their fellow man, but instead would decide to chase the remaining demons into ambush and fight until all of them died.

As if thinking something summoned it into being Lloyd stumbled over the corpse of a white robed human, the golden shield and cross that was pinned onto his cloak was proof enough, he was one of the fool Lightbringers.

“Get away demons” a voice shouted and another one, this one alive even, approached them with his sword drawn. “I will not let you defile the body of my comrade.” Lloyd sighed and looked at Epheil to make sure he wasn’t about to kill the man before responding “I am no demon, and my friend here is half human, we wont kill you if you don’t attack us.” Lloyd’s left hand found the hilt of his small, black bladed dagger and rested on it, ready to kill if there was a need for killing this day.

A small snakelike demon suddenly attacked the man from behind, Lloyd hurled his dagger, it flew inches from the man’s face and into the top of the demon’s head, the man turned backwards with a gasp and asked “who are you?” Lloyd sighed again and said “travelers, we are trying to get to Balka.” Balka was the nearest human settlement; about 7,000 people resided there under large iron bound gates, not anything odd in that.

The man stared at him though as if he were crazy and said “I haven’t seen
travelers traveling in parties of less than fifty in the last five years, and the two of you are traveling by yourselves to Balka, it is a nine day ride from here and the two of you are on foot, and traveling through these demon infested ruins to boot, you two expect me, Johnson Trim of the light lead by Sarapheil Light to believe in such a ridiculous-“what did you just say” Epheil asked, one of his claws lightly touching the man’s neck “who leads your squad?” the man gulped and shook convulsively before answering “her name is Sarapheil, she has white hair that she keeps done up in one long braid and green eyes, she is deadly on a battlefield.”

Epheil moved away from the man and asked Lloyd “what kind of idiot half demon joins a group of anti-demon martyrs?” Lloyd only shrugged, the man began to say something but Epheil cut him off “get out of here and tell your leader that Epheil still lives, go now or die.” The man ran off faster than Lloyd had thought he would be able to, fear did have that kind of effect on people after all.
© Copyright 2007 7Zedd (UN: 7zedd at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
7Zedd has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/537860-The-Shadow-Rage-Chronicles-Chapter-5