*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570307-Cling-free-peach
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#570307 added February 27, 2008 at 12:58pm
Restrictions: None
Cling free peach
Cling free peach

Twenty days ago I scratched these thoughts: there must be something between us or we'd be sitting side-by-side, glued together by forces around us, the vacuum making us cling like plastic wrap. Today I heard your voice. Your laughter reminding me that a thousand miles can be broached by a smile and for one sweet moment, I'm there laughing with you.

         cling free peach
         out-of-season
         frozen sweet

[164.536] 2008-02-27

IMAGES:


Brittle branches of the siberian elm by the frozen puddled driveway; a sparrow sitting on top of a tire, sheltered in the wheelwell of the Mazda; white flash of tail feathers, a startled junco; red flame of a cardinal in flight.

ME:

I woke up early and even managed to call and get ahold of a friend. I am SO not a morning person. *Smile*

The cardinals seem to be redder and redder. Mating season must be soon. I saw a robin a couple days ago; but the juncos are still hanging around.

Went to the poetry reading last night. Read 5 of my 7 short poems from Gzaibun 1. I know at least three of the other presenters are serious about their writing. However, it feels like a college class. Everyone shows up as close to 8 p.m. as possible. The last reading is over at 9 p.m. and it's like the school bell rings. Everyone's gone by 9:10. This is NOT the atmosphere that is nurturing to me. I think I gave out 4 copies of my poems. *Frown*

Guess no one values what's for free.

Went to Henry's and saw a couple friends, but I cannot do 'late night' carousing in the bar above the coffeeshop. Both stay open till 2 a.m. I'd rather be home reading.

Today Muldoon visits and there is another poetry reading tomorrow night. I'm keeping busy.

Today is also my 'little' sister's birthday. I spoke to her last night and she informed me that her 13 year old daughter is 5' 2 1/2" which means she'll be taller than her mother soon (5' 3/4"). *Laugh* I mentioned that I can't wait until she turns 50. Her response? "And how old will that make you?"

Kansas: 33º but sunny, calm and warming up! *Cool*
2646

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/570307-Cling-free-peach