*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571004-dis-and-dat
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#571004 added March 1, 2008 at 11:24pm
Restrictions: None
dis and dat
I can't think of any highlights for the day, but will list the only things that made it different.

Went into the chat room this morning about NoWriMo. I hadn't been there before, but that was the only thing Frankie mentioned about the project. I didn't even have the address for the forum, probably because I signed on at the last minute of February by email, otherwise known as coming in through the back door.

So, I went into the lobby. Most of you have done this, so it won't surprise you. I thought it was strange and funny. Two people came in, said nothing, went out. There were a number of people supposedly in chat rooms, but I didn't know how to find them. So I shouted "hell-l-lo-o-o, anybody in there?" or something like that. Someone did come and told me what to do. She was the only other person there for NoWriMo, and she asked if I'd like to stand and talk chat in the lobby, or should she open up the room?

It didn't seem right to chat in the lobby, with people silently coming in and out, some going to a place called "darkness." That certainly didn't sound good to me. Besides, if it wasn't too much trouble to open the door and air out the room, I wanted to see what it was like. Needless to say, it was like nothing. I told her it was like Alice's trip down the rabbit hole getting there, and asked her if I was any taller. She laughed.

Eventually I went out, walked into "darkness" and out again, and then into the room for live exercises. Writing exercises, I should say. There was nothing going on in there, live or dead, as far as I could tell. So I left, and started working on my story, which wasn't all that interesting as I was watching my time to leave for a funeral. Ugh. Can you believe I have to go to funerals on weekends too?

I read some blogs, here and other places, and found out I'd won something for the poem I posted here on the 28th. (It was for a prompt at an off-site contest.) I was very excited. The prize is 20 lovely prayer cards, hand made by the blog hostess. They look very pretty in the pictures, but I'll tell you more about them when they come. Anyway, I then noticed that the prizes are awarded by drawing names of the entrants from a hat. Awwww.

Made the next variety of Weight Watchers zero points soup, one with a more Italian flavor, with spinach, zucchiini, onion and garlic, tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano. There was supposed to be 2 cups of escarole in it too, but I don't know what that is. The grocery I went to didn't have any anyway.

I uploaded a couple of new pictures on wunderground.com. Would have put a couple here, but Bill came home and needed his computer.

Say, do you know what vegetable can only be eaten fresh? Never cooked, frozen, canned, dried, or anything else-- if you can think of anything else anyway. That's your little quiz question for the day. 'Night.

© Copyright 2008 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571004-dis-and-dat