*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571787-Failed-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1219658
Another plate full of the meat and vegetables of my life.
#571787 added March 5, 2008 at 12:43pm
Restrictions: None
Failed Again
I've just returned from the lovely South African dentists and am not the happiest of bunnies. My implant of three months is now officially declared a failure and the little bridge tooth and I are yet again temporarily reunited.

It's back to the drawing board and a list of options to be drawn up. The dentist will now be away on holiday for a fortnight, which I suspect I may have paid for over the last six months. On his return the possibilities will be thrashed out. Amazing in times of routine organ transplants how difficult it is to replace a single tooth.

The charming Mr Lourens du Toit, being young, enthusuiastic, positive and having perfect gnashers himself, sees my tooth situation as a challenge. He's quite determined the problem can be resolved eventually, even if it entails inserting extra bone. I asked if he could conduct a face lift at the same time but he just laughed.

I'm grateful to be at the mercy of someone who cares and won't give up the fight, but do have to wonder if the rest of me will last long enough to undergo this long and extensive treatment and also if there are any pots of gold at the end of rainbows I could access to pay for it all. Whoever invented teeth was a lousy designer.*Pthb*

Tomorrow I'm out all day and then sis will be here Friday until Sunday, so no doubt I'll have plenty of opportunity to drown my sorrows. At least liquid intake doesn't require much tooth activity.

Next week I'll be starting work on the March edition of The Blogville News. I hope the contributors have felt easier after a month's break and are all ready to start their columns for March. Please remember to send any questions you'd like answers to regarding life as we know it and the universe to David McClain and ccstring and also to send your votes for Blogger of the Month to me via e-mail. Any votes from last month will be carried over.

I'm pretty sure I'll be short of a few columns this month too, so would anyone who feels they have anything interesting, blog related or not to add to the Newsletter, please consider sending articles to me. Oh, and please use the survey form kindly created by Mavis Moog to submit your work, wherever possible. Ta very muchly

 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1375808 by Not Available.





© Copyright 2008 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/571787-Failed-Again