*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572147-3708
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1207566
Musings from my mind
#572147 added March 7, 2008 at 9:32am
Restrictions: None
3/7/08
Yippee!! I've actually managed to blog for 2 days in a row!!! The computers are still down for upgrades, so I've got some time to kill. I didn't post this yesterday because I was still so pissed at the donkey. I'm down to a low simmer on that now, so I can move on to something else.

A couple days ago Joe made me cry. Yes, I had a meltdown. I admit it, and I own it. I had gone to the store to do my food shopping, and left Joe at the house at his request. Upon my return, he was on the computer and I very excitedly told him that I had gotten something for him. He loves it when I do that for him, or so I thought. I had gotten him a key lime pie. He had just told me he liked key lime pie, so I thought I'd surprise him with one. I took it out of the bag and showed it to him. He looked at it, then looked at me and shrugged his shoulders and said, "so...." as in "so what."

I got upset bigtime. I slammed the pie on the countertop, started crying and walked outside. Joe was surprised by my response. He got off the computer, shut off the tv and watched me carry in the groceries as I cried. Yup, just watched, didn't bother to help. He then asked me what was wrong, so I told him. "I just did something very special for you and all you have to say is "so"? I'm so tired of you not appreciating me and treating me like dirt. I go out of my way to do things to make you happy, and this is all I get? Yes, I'm upset about it and my feelings are hurt! Think about it son, when was the last time you said "thank you" to me when I didn't have to ask for it?"

He looked at me and said "thank you?" as if it were a question. I shook my head and said, "It's too late now. If I have to ask for it, it don't mean s***." He said he was sorry, and I told him that I was sorry for swearing, but I wasn't sorry for what I said or for getting mad. I walked away then to give myself time to calm down.

When I was putting groceries away, he came up to me and gave me a big hug and told me he was sorry for making me cry. I told him that I knew he was, and that I still loved him very much. He then said thank you again for the pie, and looked up at me with those huge green eyeballs of his and said, "did I thank you for baking that cake for me over the weekend?" and I said, "no, son, you didn't." He said, "that was a really good cake, thank you for making it for me."

I really hate that it took me being reduced to tears for him to see how important it is to appreciate others. On the other hand, I think that it was good to see that even Mommies have feelings that can get hurt.

My challenge for you today is to find someone you haven't said thank you to lately, and tell them that you appreciate them. We all get so beaten down with the demands on us from home, work, and our other obligations, that we are giving, giving, and giving of ourselves, and rarely do we get anything back.

I'll start by saying thank you to hoosiermomma2 for her prayers, encouragement, and strength I get from her. I also want to say thank you to Mr.Monk- GPs for the poor for his friendship and the way he accepts people just as they are without judgement or criticism. I gotta give a shout out to E E Coder for making me laugh so many times with his hilarious jokes on days when I really needed a good belly laugh.

To all who read this, thank you for stopping by and find someone to give some love and appreciation to today. It may very well be the only "nice" they get today.

Peace out,
Curls

© Copyright 2008 purtycurls (UN: lmjinfla at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
purtycurls has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572147-3708