*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572095-Crying-Children
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#572095 added March 6, 2008 at 11:48pm
Restrictions: None
Crying Children
"Crying Children attract attention; that is the reason they cry. They either want changed, fed, cuddled or simply some attention. In order to get what they want they cry. Fortunately, as they grow older the learn other ways of getting what they want, but until they learn other methods, they cry.

In many cases men and women react differently to crying babies and for good reason. Man (the hunter) went out (without small children) to get food, while woman (the gatherer) had to take the children with her when she gathered. She had to make sure that the small child with her did not attract too much attention, so when the child cried she responded appropriately. Unfortunately, in the modern world parents do not always respond appropriately to the cries of attention their small children make.

I have no small children and yet a crying baby will wake me up. It is the maternal instinct. It does not matter where I am when I doze, a crying child will wake me up immediately. I can sleep through thunder and lightning storms. I can sleep through the neighbor's dog barking all night. I can sleep through a telephone ringing in my ear. I cannot sleep through a child crying in the next room with the door closed.

Crying children
bless their hearts
are the future of the world.


To quote Jerry Seinfeld: "Make no mistake about why these babies are here - they are here to replace us.” All the crying children in the world are our replacements.

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572095-Crying-Children