*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572511-Make-up-for-Mar-2-LL-Ideas-524-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
#572511 added March 9, 2008 at 3:20am
Restrictions: None
Make up for Mar 2 LL Ideas 524 words
Ideas : First chapter, in Rickles, before Lacey gets there…WHY is Chad back? What kind of case is he working on? Is this the case he is working on with Jake? Chad is finishing up the loose ends on that case, maybe has to testify, since the guy was extradited to Oregon from Arizona. Jake and Chad are both working on him, but the case is stronger in Oregon? Chad also wants to meet Jake, since they’ve worked on the phone back and forth for so long. Had an early court appearance on Thursday morning, was flying back out Friday morning. Lacey knew he was in town, decided to break the news to both of them at the same time.

Jake happens to be in Rickles also, with some of his guys, off duty of course, after a long shift or something. Overhears a conversation snippet, and comes to introduce himself to Chad. “Do you know Lacey and Justyn?” Jake asks. Chad laughs, yeah, we’ve known each other since college. No kidding, small world Jake says. (This has to be after Lacey breaks her news.) Chad asks Lacey and Justyn if they mind if Jake joins them. Of course, that would be great, sure no problem. Since Justyn and Lacey are familiar with Jake, they are ok with that. They know who he is, have seen each other around, talked a small bit, but not considered friends yet. Jake says, I don’t mean to be rude, but I overheard you say that you were running for mayor? Lacey says yes with pride. Jake says I’d like to offer my congratulations. I’m familiar with some of your work as < ?????? >. I’m eager to see what kind of programs you’re planning for our city (or some such thing that makes sense).

They sit and chat for a bit….show some of all sides of the conversation….a bit of political, some detail into Chad and Jake’s case, show how they have worked together. Show the two guys hitting it off right away. They hit it off quicker, because they have been working together for so long (several months?) Show Lacey being the ultimate hostess as always, friendly, welcoming, etc. Show Justyn being reserved, even a little stand-offish. She’s not sure about Jake…but only because she is wary about people knowing too much about her, and of course the “protect one’s friends” always runs strong with her. Shortly before Jake leaves (he doesn’t stay too long, he is polite and he realizes that they are old friends, wanting to catch up, at this point they are still just business associates) he says something to Chad, maybe a cap on Chad (a guy-comment) that Justyn responds to. She snorts, kind of can’t contain her laughter. Then Jake turns to her and says something, to which she snaps back a comment on, kind of leaves him without words. Chad says, You don’t mess with this girl, she’ll cut you down to size ( or something similar).





“Jake Martin, Portland PD,” he said into the phone, only slightly less rushed than he was twenty seconds after walking into his office.

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572511-Make-up-for-Mar-2-LL-Ideas-524-words