*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572513-Make-up-for-Mar-3-LL-Ideas-586-words
by Justyn
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1384124
Daily entries, inspired by 500-Word a day group
#572513 added March 9, 2008 at 3:44am
Restrictions: None
Make up for Mar 3 LL Ideas 586 words
Next chapter maybe. Justyn tells Lacey she had a great time last night, it was so good to see Chad, blah blah, its been so long since the three of them got to hang out. With Chad in Arizona, its tough for the three of them to bring back the closeness of college, physically anyway. Show how they keep in touch regardless (email, calls, etc). SHOW how tight that friendship is, regardless of distance (bring in examples with Beth, Traci, Lesley, Char, etc). They hang up, and Justyn remembers back to when her and Lacey met Chad. They met at a college party, did a lot of flirting, he was pretty hot, and a bit aloof, which translated to challenge for Justyn. Lacey put in her two cents worth for the flirting, but it was mostly Justyn. She wasn’t really trying to hook up with him, more she just wanted to push his buttons. Lacey mentions how cute she thinks he is.(Remember they are college girls….serious and smart and brainy, but flirty and love beer regardless. Lacey is the more staid of the two, Justyn is the wilder one, however Lacey is certainly not just a goody=goody.) As the night progresses, Lacey seems to be more and more attracted to him. After she tells Justyn this, it makes Justyn even more determined to “crack” his outer shell, kind of to see what he’s “made” of, see if he’s truly good enough for Lacey. Chad remains “stoic”. He realizes that Justyn is trying to push his buttons, and he keeps resisting, which makes her try harder, then him, etc. Lacey finally ends up laughing at both of them, and then the three of them laugh together. They end up sitting on the deck outside with the three of them and one of Chad’s dorm mates, Nathan. (I think Nathan ends up being the stalker but we don’t’ know that yet). They end up laughing and having a great time, all four of them (show that, make sure you include Nathan, make sure he is having a great time.) Make it an “equal” sort of evening, no one more interested than anyone else.

A week or so later, Justyn and Lacey are relaxing at Rickles after classes, and Chad and Nathan and some other guys show up. They kind of absorb the girls into their group ( meaning way more guys than girls, like 5 or 6 or 7 to 2 or something….think Mexico Senor Frogs). They end up shooting pool and eating pizza and drinking beer until it closes.

There needs to be a reason WHY Justyn and Lacey and Chad become such fast friends. I can’t just say they are…I need to show why they are, and how they got that way. So, how DID they get to be such fast friends? Why? What qualities does each possess that “endears” them to the other? Talk about what classes they are taking (do Chad/lacey realize they have a class together, maybe a large lecture? That brings them closer, studying etc. One of the poly sci ones maybe….), what are they majoring in. What extra-curricular activties are they involved in, besides frat parties.

<Tie in “Three friends who would go to the wall for each other. One the leader, one the warrior, and one the protector. Each with their own distinct strengths, and each meshing perfectly with the other two.”>




Find out about Oregon colleges, and what towns they are in, make that the town instead of Portland.

© Copyright 2008 Justyn (UN: kjsleah at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Justyn has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/572513-Make-up-for-Mar-3-LL-Ideas-586-words