*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573338-Yay-Writers-Digest-called-the-house
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#573338 added March 13, 2008 at 12:02am
Restrictions: None
Yay! Writer's Digest called the house!
Well, I'm a firm believer in the Writer's Digest writing contest, and I've been entering since 2006. Yesterday, while I was at work, they called my house! When I got home Aunt Alma broke the news to me. I was excited. I called back the Writer's Digest rep today while I was on break at work.

While I didn't win 1st place (haha!) I had two stories place as "Honorable Mentions" in the genres they were entered in. The rep I spoke to, Niki, told me I was the only author in this year's Popular Fiction contest that had two stories score as Honorable mentions. I was excited to hear it.

Here's the stories I submitted:

The Wolf's Kiss  (18+)
Honorable Mention Winner in the Writer Digest's 2007 Popular Fiction Contest.
#1298128 by StephBee - House Targaryen

in the ROMANCE category, and

 The Peenemunde Secret  (13+)
Honorable Mention Winner in the Writer's Digest 2007 Popular Fiction Contest.
#1312486 by StephBee - House Targaryen

in the THRILLER/SUSPENSE category.

Both of these stories were inspired by writing contests that I found here on WDC. I just want to thank WDC for helping me to hone my writing skills. *Smile*


© Copyright 2008 StephBee - House Targaryen (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - House Targaryen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/573338-Yay-Writers-Digest-called-the-house