*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574439-And-they-paved-paradise
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#574439 added March 18, 2008 at 10:18pm
Restrictions: None
And they paved paradise
"And they paved paradise leaving a few trees in residential neighborhoods, trees whose roots began to crack driveways, garage floors and eventually the foundations of houses. Then they sent tree removal companies, which charged outrageous prices, to the houses to remove the trees. Once they removed the trees then they sent three more companies: one to fix the driveways, one to fix the garage floor and one to fix the foundation. The prices charged by each of these companies forced the homeowners to take out three more mortgages on their houses and eventually to declare bankruptcy.

And they paved over paradise because paradise by its very definition is a nonprofit organization. In paradise, you can walk out your front door and pick your fruit off the tree any time of the year. You just have to be careful and not pick the apples, because that will get you thrown out of paradise. Also, do not listen to the serpent because he or perhaps she (depending on who the serpent is talking to at the time) does not live in paradise. The serpent is a tourist in paradise, is very lonely living outside of paradise, and wants company. If you listen to the serpent, you will get kick out of paradise and the serpent will not be lonely anymore.

And they paved over paradise with the exception of a few small acres in the center of each city. They then built a wall around the ruminants of paradise and charged an admission price to visit paradise. Tourist were charged more then locals to enter paradise for a few hours. The reason for this is that the grass is greener on the other side of the hill or in this case, paradise is more beautiful in somebody else’s city. The reason for this is that everyone knows tourists are rich and can afford to go out of town to visit paradise.

And they paved over paradise then build a hotel casino in Las Vegas which they called Paradise. The hotel casino was so successful that a corporation bought it and imploded it so that they could build a larger hotel casino called The New Paradise.

And they paved over paradise then they had to build flood control channels and water collection basins to collect the flood water. They did this to keep the citizen and houses safe from fifty and one hundred year floods, which only occurred because they paved over paradise.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574439-And-they-paved-paradise