*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574589-Raccoons-and-puddled-willows
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1317094
Enga mellom fjella: where from across the meadow, poems sing from mountains and molehills.
#574589 added March 19, 2008 at 4:25pm
Restrictions: None
Raccoons and puddled willows
IMAGES:

Puddles in the driveway ringed in green. The glass-like puddle below the willow, the trickle above in the ditch where two days ago the roil of a river roared through it. Paw-prints in the mud, a tiny hand, perhaps raccoon, soft edged, moist and glistening. Doves and sparrows today, yesterday a flock of robins.

ME:

I'm okay. Whenever my nerves go it takes a day to rebound. Slept in until 11:30 which since I had nowhere to go and nothing to be ... worked out fine. The day is resplendent with sunshine though and I washed out my underwear and hung them out on the line. Nothing quite like white cotton flapping in the breeze. And no sneezing today like yesterday! I'm at Indy blogging ...

I'm up next in the saga of the Neverending Poem ... My line to write to: "the fallen stay". I've already decided to invert the last two lines I follow and make it "the fallen stay, while the world moves on with life". I'm 100% sure I can write to that. *Delight*

*Reading* Addonizio and Laux, The Poets Companion. It makes good points I have spouted off about less eloquently.

Ate mashed potatoes. Coffee. Might treat myself later ...

Dandelions of a previous year. I'm ready for this:



Kansas: 54º shiny, shiny, sunshiny.
3250

© Copyright 2008 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/574589-Raccoons-and-puddled-willows