*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575021-Bonus-I-despise-Oleanders
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#575021 added March 22, 2008 at 2:46am
Restrictions: None
Bonus I despise Oleanders
This confession is going to shock a lot of people who think I like flowers and other fauna, but I hate oleanders. I despise the weeds passing themselves off as flowers. An oleander is not a flower, it is a weed.

How do I know an oleander is a weed and not a flower? Simple, I cannot kill them. I cannot get rid of them, they are all over my yard. They will not die not matter what I do or how I curse them. I paid $300 to have an oleander blocking the path through my back yard removed when we first moved into this house. The damn thing is back a growing like a weed.

True, I have an allergy to oleanders, but that has nothing to do with me wanting them out of my yard and my life. I am allergic to olive trees, I have an olive tree in my front yard that I have no desire to get rid of it. In fact, I would like to find out what is wrong with the olive tree and fix it. I want to heal the olive tree, but I want to get rid of the oleanders.

I want to pull the oleanders up by their roots and burn them. I want them gone. Nothing I do or say to them causes them damage. The worse I am to the oleanders the faster they grow. I am not sure why I hate oleanders, it does not make any sense. My dislike of oleanders is completely irrational.

I am one of those people who normally cannot grow flowers. Almost any flower or plant will eventually die with me around. I mean the elm tree was alive and well before I moved into the house. It died after I moved in and the wind took it out in February. The specific date of the elm trees removal by the wind was February 14. Oleanders do not die in my presence. They taunt me by growing faster when I am near them.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575021-Bonus-I-despise-Oleanders