*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575268-Zany-Schemes
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#575268 added March 23, 2008 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
Zany Schemes
"Invalid Entry are fun to contemplate. My fantasy, and I’m not sure it can be called a Zany Scheme, is a reality show based on reality. Not one of those that is popular now, but one that is played out every day all across the world by individuals who can’t make enough money to pay their bills, keep a roof over their heads, eat and see a doctor when they need to.

I’d call it Living in the Real World. The participants would receive $1,900 a month to live on. With that, money could pay rent or a house payment, buy food, clothing, pay the electric bill, the internet charge, etc. The film crew would tape the shown on location in a large and well-known city, perhaps Las Vegas, New York, Chicago, etc. The filming would take place over a year’s period; there would be no reruns or anything like that. If the participants survived the entire time, then they got their pre-existing bills paid in full.

This type of show would be popular with a certain segment of the population. Specifically those of us who are actually doing it and don’t have the time or desire to watch any of the “reality shows” popular now. To make the show more exciting, then let the participants do what those of us doing it in real life have to do. Find out where they can get help and go through the process of applying for it and standing in line or sitting in line depending on the circumstances.

The participants could make as much money on the side as they wanted. They would have to do it legally and filmed while they were doing it. I suspect that there would be no end to possible participants because people who are doing it now would apply. I mean if you’re going to live that way, you may as well do it in front of a camera and with a prize at the end of a year.

** Image ID #1382532 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2008 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/575268-Zany-Schemes